Emily is a senior attorney at Thompson Coe, where her practice is focused on complex civil litigation, with an emphasis in construction litigation. In representing developers, architects, engineers, and other professionals and entities in the construction field, she prioritizes communication with her clients to pursue their best interests at every stage of the litigation. She also has significant experience representing clients in cases of professional liability, general liability, insurance defense, and public entity defense.
Emily practiced as an attorney in California for six years prior to moving to Texas. She is a steadfast advocate and astutely represents her clients’ interests in sensitive matters. Prior to joining Thompson Coe, Emily specialized in the defense of health care professionals of all specialties in high-exposure cases involving catastrophic injury and alleged wrongful death. She has successfully argued numerous motions on behalf of her clients, resulting in advantageous positioning for settlement negotiations and dismissals of defendants from the litigation.
- Drafted and successfully argued a motion to strike class allegations and a motion for summary judgment on behalf of a public entity client in a publicized case of alleged negligence where the plaintiffs were seeking seven figure damages.
- Argued and obtained numerous summary judgments for hospitals, physicians, and medical groups in cases of alleged medical malpractice and general negligence.
- Obtained summary judgment for a public entity employer in a case of an alleged wrongful termination of an emergency first responder employee.
- Negotiated favorable settlements on behalf of hospital and physician clients in numerous personal injury cases involving death and serious injury.
- Pepperdine University School of Law (J.D., 2014)
- Dean's List
- Editor on the National Association of Administrative Law Journal
- Pepperdine University (B.A., 2011)
- magna cum laude
- Political Science Honors Seminar
- Texas, 2020
- California, 2014
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Professional and Community Activities
- Austin Bar Association, Construction Section
- Travis County Women Lawyers' Association