David Dorris is a litigation attorney in the Professional Liability section. His experience includes representation of lawyers, doctors, real estate inspectors, and other practicing professionals and a wide array of areas. David also has experience and represents companies and other entities in construction defect and labor and employment disputes throughout the state of Texas.
Prior to joining Thompson Coe, David worked for a nationwide construction supplier. This experience adds to David’s construction experience, but also provides him with a solid basis to build and maintain client relationships through his learned ability to partner with clients of all sizes to weather financial hardships, obtain growth, and reach their individual and company goals.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of Homeowner’s Association for claims of breach of contract, diminution of value, and breach of fiduciary duty owed to Plaintiff
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of mentally handicapped service center for claims brought by the plaintiff that violated both Texas and Federal laws
- Argued and obtained a dismissal for claims of employment discrimination waged against our client
- Argued and successfully obtained summary judgment on all claims by a Plaintiff that waged claims of breach of contract against client
- Successfully negotiated non-suit of client through drafting and presenting an anti-slapp motion pursuant to the Texas Citizens Participation Act on behalf of an individual board member
- South Texas College of Law Houston (J.D., 2019)
- South Texas Law Review
- Board of Advocates - Co-Chair
- University of Alabama (B.S., 2013)
- Texas, 2019
Professional and Community Activities
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Young Professionals
- West Houston Young Life