Chris Papadopoulos is a trial lawyer that devotes his time to zealously advocating his clients’ interests. He maintains a practice that mostly focuses on casualty defense, premise liability, insurance litigation, and commercial automobile accidents. Chris finds himself at home in the court room but also prides himself in his mediation skills.
Prior to joining Thompson Coe, Chris went to law school during the night while he worked full time at an immigration firm where he helped hundreds of victims of oppressive governments file successful asylum claims in the United States. There, he developed an urge to help and a love for law.
Chris received his Juris Doctorate degree from South Texas College of Law Houston, where he participated in his law school’s prestigious advocacy program as a varsity advocate in both mock trial and in alternate dispute resolution, and received awards for his performance. Additionally, Chris received a CALI award for excellence in Property law. He was also a Langdell Scholar, one of his most cherished moments where he tutored other students in law, for which he was awarded. Chris was also elected to the Student Bar Association, where he represented the night section of the law school. Despite working full-time and going to school at night, Chris is very proud that he graduated in the top 15% of his graduating class.
Prior to moving to the United States, Chris grew up in Athens, Greece. He graduated from the American College of Greece, where he competed in numerous debate championships, winning several awards for his argumentative style and was elected as President of the Student body.
- South Texas College of Law Houston (J.D., 2020)
- Top 15% of graduating class
- Dean’s Honor List, 2018-19
- CALI Award for Excellence
- Mock Trial Advocacy, 2018
- Alternate Dispute Resolution, awarded team member
- Langdell Scholar
- The American College of Greece (B.A., 2013)
- History, Philosophy, and International Relations
- Dean’s Honor List, 2009-10
- Student Association President
- Awarded member of the college’s traveling debate team
- Texas, 2021
Professional and Community Activities
- Houston Young Lawyer’s Association
- American Hellenic Progressive Association (AHEPA)