Ashley Pedigo’s practice is focused on the representation of insurers in matters involving first-party property claims, DTPA violations, bad faith causes of action, and coverage disputes. She deals with a variety of claims in both state and federal court.
- Represented residential property carriers in both state and federal court actions involving coverage related and bad faith litigation.
- Obtained dismissal of breach of contract action and extra-contractual claims in a first party property damage case after successfully asserting Plaintiff’s failure to comply with a pre-suit contractual provision in the policy precluded Plaintiff from filing suit.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of insurer in personal property damage case involving issues related to flooding and surface water exclusions.
- Obtained summary judgments on multiple post-appraisal residential property disputes.
- Negotiated favorable settlements in cases involving Breach of Contract, Insurance Code and Deceptive Trade Practices Act violations and other bad faith claims against Texas insurance companies and adjusters in residential cases filed in difficult venues.
- Obtained favorable rulings in relation to various plaintiffs’ motions to remand based upon the fraudulent joinder of a state, resident insurance adjuster.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (J.D., 2016)
- SMU Consumer Advocacy Clinic Chief and SMU Civil Clinic
- ABA Labor and Employment Mock Trial Regional Champion
- Southern Methodist University (B.S., B.A., 2013)
- Journalism and Psychology
- Summa Cum Laude
- High Distinction Honor Roll
- Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority Member
- Kappa Tai Alpha National Honors Society
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas.
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Junior League of Dallas
- William “Mac” Taylor American Inn of Court
- Judicial Externships: 68th Civil District Court, Honorable Martin J. Hoffman