Allison R. Miller is a trial attorney focused on defending lawsuits filed against companies and individuals. She has experience defending a wide variety of claims in areas including construction defect, wrongful/survival claims, personal injury, premises liability, dram shop, defamation/slander, products defects, and insurance defense. Allison has prior litigation experience as a plaintiff’s personal injury attorney.
- Successfully negotiated pre-suit settlement of catastrophic injury cases, preventing public relations and publicity issues.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal of trucking company which was not the statutory employer of the defendant driver following the filing of a Motion for Summary Judgment.
- Negotiated favorable settlement terms in numerous lawsuits involving personal injury and construction defects.
- Represented family owned trucking company and driver as part of trial team in trucking fatality case involving allegations of gross negligence, ultimately achieving a limited damage verdict and no finding of gross negligence.
- Represented construction subcontractor in multi-party arbitration, ultimately obtaining variable outcome.
- Represented insurance company client before the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Obtained dismissal of claims against insurance agent accused of defamation.
- Obtained summary judgment on claims of gross negligence in multiple lawsuits.
- Defended Fortune 500 Company in premises liability actions across east Texas.
- Obtained verdict in excess of $1,000,000.00 as part of trial team on behalf of the plaintiff.
- Obtained dismissal of claims against client accused of negligence in a worker’s compensation non-subscriber case following an incident in which an employee sustained severe injuries, including severe burns, at the workplace.
- Boston University School of Law (J.D.)
- Dean's Scholar, Full Tuition Merit Scholarship Recipient
- Public Interest Law Journal, Note Editor
- University of Houston (B.A., summa cum laude)
- Political Science and History majors, English minor
- Membership in The Honors College
- National Merit Scholar, Full Merit Scholarship Recipient
- Areté Award Winner (Awarded to 10 graduating Honors College Members)
- Texas, 2010
- United States District Court, Eastern and Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Professional and Community Activities
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association (Arts & Entertainment Committee 2012-2015)
- Adjunct Professor, University of Houston Law Center, Depositions Course (Summer 2017)
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
Speeches and Presentations
- "Virtual Depositions," Houston Young Lawyers Association CLE, June 2020
- "Damage Control: Understanding and Limiting Damages in Texas,” Thompson Coe Webinar, December 17, 2019