Alex Blue is a trial lawyer who helps clients avoid problems and costly litigation where possible and proactively implements cost-effective, case management and resolution strategies when necessary. As a veteran of the United States Marine Corps, Alex enjoys counseling and representing veterans and veteran-owned businesses.
His diverse litigation practice includes the representation of insurance carriers, in all aspects of contractual and extra-contractual litigation, as well as the defense of individuals and companies from a wide range of industries in lawsuits involving serious personal injuries, death and catastrophic property damage.
Alex also represents property owners, developers, and management companies against a wide variety of premises liability and other claims and has represented numerous clients in product liability, construction defect, and automobile/trucking lawsuits in state and federal courts.
- Successfully defended rear-end automobile accident where liability was admitted and Plaintiff’s past medical bills were a little less than $22,000. Plaintiff’s expert witnesses included a Harvard trained medical doctor. Plaintiff’s last pre-trial demand was $35,000. The jury awarded Plaintiff $7,719.
- Obtained a defense verdict in automobile rear-end collision case. Plaintiff claimed defendant rear-ended Plaintiff. Defendant claimed that Plaintiff stopped suddenly and unexpectedly and that Defendant was hit from behind and pushed into Plaintiff.
- Achieved favorable resolution of a premises liability personal injury claim; aggressive defense strategies resulted in a settlement of less than $10,000 where the initial demand exceeded $100,000.
- Represented architect and engineering firm in a construction and design defect case involving allegations of civil and structural engineering design errors on an Air Force Base Training Barracks Project. Verdict was for the owner in the amount of $197,596.47. Owner’s last pre-trial demand was for $4,000,000.
- Defended apartment complex owner and management firm against allegations of wrongful death, gross negligence and negligence. A favorable, confidential settlement was reached after three days of trial. Plaintiff’s pre-trial demand had been $10,000,000.
- Defended driver in auto accident case where liability was clear as defendant driver impacted a car and pushed it into Plaintiff’s vehicle forcing Plaintiff’s vehicle to hit a lamp post in the median head-on. Plaintiff awarded $36,099.13 at trial when last pre-trial demand was $58,000.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a motor vehicle collision case where accident occurred approaching a highway exit ramp and liability was contested.
- Defended rear-end automobile accident where Defendant was texting and speeding on wet streets. Defendant admitted liability and fleeing the scene after the accident. Plaintiff’s past medical bills were approximately $14,000. Plaintiff’s last pre-trial demand was $18,000. The jury awarded Plaintiff $12,000.
- Successfully defended arbitration claims against an engineering design firm on an Aircraft Maintenance Operations Complex Project resulting in the engineering firm receiving a substantial payment and being asked to complete the design work for the Project.
- Obtained non-suit of claims against a structural engineering firm based on the Texas Certificate of Merit Statute, which resulted in favorable settlement amounting to less than the cost of defense.
- Defended structural and geotechnical engineers in foundation defect cases involving residential and commercial projects.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of product manufacturer.
- University of Texas at Austin (M.S., 2013)
- Real Estate
- Baylor University School of Law (J.D., 2000)
- Austin College (B.A.)
- International Studies
- Texas, 2000
- United States District Court, Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Federal Claims
Professional and Community Activities
- United States Marine Corps Reserve (2000-2008 – Honorable Discharge)
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- 2014 Dallas Bar Association Trial Academy Graduate
- Heroes on the Water (Board Member & Secretary 2010-2013)
- American Association of Individual Investors, Life Member (DFW Chapter Co-Chair)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (Judiciary Committee Co-Chair 2006 & 2007)
- DAYL 2006 Leadership Class Member
Speeches and Presentations
- Presenter of Webinar: Surveying Harvey's Aftermath: Creative Claims, New Statutory Tools and the Road Forward(November 2017)
- Presenter for Structural Engineers Association of Texas, Dallas Chapter; "Ethical Obligations for Structural Engineers" (April 2011)
- Speaker for Structural Engineers Association of Texas, Fort Worth Chapter; "Ethical Obligations / Duties Owed by a Structural Engineer on a Commercial Project" (March 2011)
- Speaker for Fort Worth Chapter of the Structural Engineers Association of Texas; "What Duties and Ethical Obligations are Owed by a Structural Engineer? And Where do They Begin and End on a Renovation Project?" (May 2010)
- A.M. Best Insurance Digest - Editor 2017
- Authored: "The Changing Face of Arbitration."Published in the June 18, 2010 issue of The Critical Path a DRI on-line publication
- Named a Super Lawyer – Rising Star by Law & Politics magazine (2009, 2011 – 2013)