Adrienne Nelson represents numerous insurance carriers, adjusters, and vendors throughout the states of Texas and Florida in a wide variety coverage-related litigation, including breach of contract cases involving allegations of bad faith and general liability matters arising from construction defect, premises liability and business automobile claims. Adrienne regularly advises insurers and agents on coverage issues under commercial general liability, business automobile, and property policies and serves as general counsel on miscellaneous corporate matters.
- Obtained favorable rulings setting aside appraisal awards where appropriate based on fraud, accident, mistake or that are not an honest assessment of necessary repairs.
- Presented CE to Texas adjusters regarding best claims handling practices and Texas Insurance Code 542A.
- Updated annually the AM Best Insurance Law Digest/TX for 2017 and 2018.
- Obtained defense verdicts on behalf of property insurance carriers in residential cases arising out of damage due to hail and other weather events in both State and Federal courts.
- Represented insurers in judicial proceedings involving appraisal and obtained post-appraisal summary judgments on behalf of property insurance carriers, dismissing all contractual and extra-contractual claims after payment of the appraisal award.
- Obtained favorable rulings in relation Motions to Remand based upon the fraudulent joinder of an in-state resident insurance adjuster.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of property insurer on issue of agency in difficult venue.
- Obtained federal court summary judgment on behalf of property insurer on issue of lack of insurable and financial interest of mortgagee/lienholder not named on the policy.
- Represented and advised various insurers in further investigating numerous personal and commercial property claims through conducting examinations under oath.
- Negotiated favorable settlements of Breach of Contract, Insurance Code, DTPA, Unfair Insurance Practices, Breach of Duty of Good Faith and Fair Dealing claims against Texas insurance companies and adjusters in commercial and residential cases filed in difficult venues.
- Obtained favorable judgment in declaratory action about additional insured issues
- indemnity obligations.
- Obtained numerous summary judgments in state and federal court on behalf of property insurers, dismissing extra-contractual claims of bad faith.
- Obtained favorable resolutions in personal injury cases stemming from premises liability and commercial automobile claims.
- Texas A&M University School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- University of North Texas (B.A., 2003)
- Texas, 2009
- Florida, 2012
- United States District Court, Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern District of Texas
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Florida (Trial Lawyers Section and Out-of-State Division)
- State Bar of Texas (Insurance and Litigation Sections)
- Dallas Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Section
- Certified by the Florida Department of Financial Services to provide CE for Florida credit.
Speeches and Presentations