Harrison Yoss Speaking at CLM on Extra-Contractual Claims
Harrison Yoss is speaking at the 2017 CLM Coverage & Bad Faith Conference in New York on November 30, 2017 at 9:30am. He will be speaking on panel with other industry experts on Managing Conflicting Duties and Inevitable Conflicts When Claims Exceed Underlying Limits. The panel will discuss the inevitable conflicts created between primary and excess insurers that occur due to declining limit policies, SIRs, and excess exposures, and suggestions for how to avoid and navigate them. An overview of the speakers and major takeaways are provided below. To learn more about the conference, the session, and registration information click here.
- William Bush, AIG
- Christopher Carucci, Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc.
- David Crowe, Berkshire Hathaway Group
- Robert Kopka, Kopka, Pinkus, Dolin
- Kim Robinson, Federal Express Corporation
- Harrison Yoss, Thompson, Coe, Cousins & Irons LLP.
1. The attorney representing the insured may have conflicting dual duties to a primary or excess carrier. Learn how best to identify and avoid ethical pitfalls.
2. When independent evaluations diverge, the excess carrier may be reluctant to contribute toward settlement. Learn the risks to the underlying carriers or self-insureds and how to protect against those risks.
3. Under certain circumstances, the primary or excess carrier may become liable to a self-insured for breach of the duty of good faith file handling. Learn to avoid such exposures by knowing your duties.