Litigation Secretary - Houston Office
The Houston office of Thompson Coe is seeking an experienced Litigation Secretary to add to our team. This is a great opportunity for an assertive “go getter” that takes initiative and has excellent organizational skills. Positive attitude and strong communication skills needed. Accuracy and attention to detail is extremely important. Candidates must have 5-7 years law firm litigation experience and preferably some Labor and Employment experience. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel a must. Must know how to e-file in state and federal. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates submit resumes to email@example.com.
Billing Specialist - Dallas Office
The Billing Specialist will work under the general supervision of the Billing Manager and must work according to the Firm's established policies and procedures, while maintaining the integrity of the Firm's billing processes. The successful candidate will need to be experienced and customer service focused and be proactive and responsive to assist attorneys, secretaries and clients, while observing confidentiality with questions and/or problems. Maintains positive contact with clients, attorneys and non-attorney staff at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform billing and e-billing for clients.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with attorneys and staff and follow-up on issues until resolution.
- Ability to work independently and with a team structure and interact with an array of personalities.
- Other functions and projects as assigned by management.
- Respond to client inquiries and special projects.
- Comply with drafting and bill issuance timelines.
- Report to management on status of WIP and billing progress.
- Proactively seek and provide recommendations to improve existing processes.
- Ability and willingness to assess procedures and proactively recommend improvements to existing processes.
- Ability and willingness to meet aggressive deadlines, including those of a last-minute nature.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Superior oral and written communication and grammar skills.
- Proficient utilizing Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Elite, eBillingHub and ARCS.
- Faxing, copying, and responding to emails as necessary.
- Reads, sorts and dates incoming mail. Follows section guidelines pertaining to mail. Ensures outgoing mail is timely delivered. If necessary, routes mail to specific delivery service and follows up on timely delivery.
- Handles billing process, and billing memos under the guidance of the attorney, as appropriate. Interacts congenially with clients, attorneys, legal assistants, secretaries, all other staff and other representatives in and outside of the Firm.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, possess a willingness to help others and have above average customer service skills.
- Performs work honestly, ethically and safely.
- Maintains a good attendance record. Is punctual and prepared to perform duties upon arrival.
- Communicates regularly with supervisors about department issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Three to five years legal billing experience in a professional services environment, preferably a law firm.
- Knowledge of electronic billing applications preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Elite billing system preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Must have experience and knowledge of legal billing practices.
- Knowledge of 10-key by touch and typing 60 wpm.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills a must.
- Must be proactive and have strong customer service experience.
- Prefer a candidate that is multi-task oriented with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Knowledge of Firm's software, Word, Excel, Elite (accounting and billing software) eBillingHub and ARCS.
- Position requires to sit for long periods of time and work at a computer station.
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate in person, by email, and telephone to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact; follows instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff, to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Ability to handle pressure, interruptions, and multiple projects with frequently changing priorities.
Litigation Paralegal - Dallas Office
Thompson Coe is looking for an experienced civil litigation paralegal to join our Dallas office. This is a great opportunity for a proactive self-starter with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage a very large and fast-paced docket. The qualified candidate will be responsible for reviewing, organizing, and preparing documents for trial. Must be highly effective at reviewing medical records to determine what information is and is not needed for cases. Candidate must be skilled at preparing discovery as well as tracking and recording billable time. Must be able to exercise independent judgment and decision making.
Minimum of 5 years’ recent insurance litigation paralegal experience, with State court and Federal litigation experience. Bachelor's degree and/or two-year ABA approved Paralegal certificate ideal but not required. Proficiency in Relativity for document storage and organization and Microsoft Office suite to include PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe Pro. Ability to consistently meet deadlines while managing multiple projects with competing priorities. Positive attitude and exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required for daily interaction with clients, opposing counsel and mediators. Ability to exercise discretion, good judgment, and poise in handling sensitive and confidential information. Qualified candidates should forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruiters, principals only please.
Information Technology Office Support Analyst - Dallas Office
The Information Technology Office Support Analyst provides primary support of all technology systems for the Thompson Coe office where they are located and is the point of escalation on all support and infrastructure issues requiring physical presence in the office. The Office Support Analyst will also play a role in planning and implementing firmwide projects. The Office Support Analyst provides direct user support, fill-in training and after-hours coverage as needed. This position will be filled by an energetic team player with exceptional customer service and communication skills. The ideal candidate will have the ability to communicate with all levels of firm personnel, solve technical problems quickly, and will be able to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. High attention to detail as well as clear and accurate documentation skill is required. Please refer all qualified candidates to email@example.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes ownership of incoming support requests either directly from users or as assigned, and completes those requests ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. Updates and maintains support reference guides and knowledgebase as needed.
- Provides local and firmwide end-user support via telephone, voicemail, e-mail and direct contact during both business and non-business hours as needed. Works with firmwide support team to ensure that departmental coverage commitments are met.
- Provides infrastructure and back office systems support, typically under the direction of the Infrastructure and Security Manager or the IT Director.
- Executes on-boarding and off-boarding procedures including account and hardware setup as well as quality control procedures. Makes sure all appropriate documentation and communications to involved parties are completed.
- Works with Technology Adoption team to make sure new hire and on-going training requirements are met.
- Maintains local office inventory, making sure necessary items such as flash drives and replacement hard drives are kept adequately stocked. Makes sure that any “checked out” items such as laptops or mobile MiFi devices are tracked and properly returned. Maintains an inventory of “ready-to-go” laptops and desktops to fulfill unexpected requests.
- Working with the IT Director and other IT Managers, develop and implement new and updated technologies along with user best practices.
- May be assigned the management and implementation of small technology projects, both for the local office and firmwide.
- May travel to other offices to provide support or as part of a project roll-out team.
Troubleshoot and support applications and technology including:
- Microsoft Office 2010 Suite
- Office 365
- eDocs/iManage DMS
- Elite Enterprise
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Wireless network connections/VPN Connectivity
- Audio/Video conferencing with LifeSize systems
- Windows 7/Windows 10 OS
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Dell and Lenovo PCs, laptops, iPhone and Android mobile devices, HP printers
Experience supporting Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010. Experience with O365. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to lead small teams. Experience supporting iPhones/Androids and remote access technology such as VPN/Citrix. Experience supporting standard law firm software such as Open Text eDocs, iManage, Acrobat Pro, and WorkShare. Working knowledge of Active Directory and Exchange Administration. Experience with Windows file permissions/security. General hardware support experience.
Education, Training and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5+ years’ experience as a senior member of a support team with a legal/professional services firm.
Normal office environment requiring extensive use of typical business equipment (e.g., computer, telephone, fax, copier, security system). Should be able to lift normal office equipment up to 50 pounds.
Works in a typical office setting. Overtime hours as needed.
Thompson Coe is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers challenging employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to the applicant's ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation, Vietnam era Veteran status, or membership in other legally protected categories.
When available, our Dallas, Austin, Houston, Saint Paul, New Orleans and Los Angeles offices have a variety of staff positions for legal assistants, legal secretaries, information systems specialists, accounting personnel and administrative personnel. We offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package.