Information Technology Office Support Analyst - Dallas Office
The Information Technology Office Support Analyst provides primary support of all technology systems for the Thompson Coe office where they are located and is the point of escalation on all support and infrastructure issues requiring physical presence in the office. The Office Support Analyst will also play a role in planning and implementing firmwide projects. The Office Support Analyst provides direct user support, fill-in training and after-hours coverage as needed. This position will be filled by an energetic team player with exceptional customer service and communication skills. The ideal candidate will have the ability to communicate with all levels of firm personnel, solve technical problems quickly, and will be able to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. High attention to detail as well as clear and accurate documentation skill is required. Please refer all qualified candidates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes ownership of incoming support requests either directly from users or as assigned, and completes those requests ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. Updates and maintains support reference guides and knowledgebase as needed.
- Provides local and firmwide end-user support via telephone, voicemail, e-mail and direct contact during both business and non-business hours as needed. Works with firmwide support team to ensure that departmental coverage commitments are met.
- Provides infrastructure and back office systems support, typically under the direction of the Infrastructure and Security Manager or the IT Director.
- Executes on-boarding and off-boarding procedures including account and hardware setup as well as quality control procedures. Makes sure all appropriate documentation and communications to involved parties are completed.
- Works with Technology Adoption team to make sure new hire and on-going training requirements are met.
- Maintains local office inventory, making sure necessary items such as flash drives and replacement hard drives are kept adequately stocked. Makes sure that any “checked out” items such as laptops or mobile MiFi devices are tracked and properly returned. Maintains an inventory of “ready-to-go” laptops and desktops to fulfill unexpected requests.
- Working with the IT Director and other IT Managers, develop and implement new and updated technologies along with user best practices.
- May be assigned the management and implementation of small technology projects, both for the local office and firmwide.
- May travel to other offices to provide support or as part of a project roll-out team.
Troubleshoot and support applications and technology including:
- Microsoft Office 2010 Suite
- Office 365
- eDocs/iManage DMS
- Elite Enterprise
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Wireless network connections/VPN Connectivity
- Audio/Video conferencing with LifeSize systems
- Windows 7/Windows 10 OS
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Dell and Lenovo PCs, laptops, iPhone and Android mobile devices, HP printers
Experience supporting Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010. Experience with O365. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to lead small teams. Experience supporting iPhones/Androids and remote access technology such as VPN/Citrix. Experience supporting standard law firm software such as Open Text eDocs, iManage, Acrobat Pro, and WorkShare. Working knowledge of Active Directory and Exchange Administration. Experience with Windows file permissions/security. General hardware support experience.
Education, Training and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5+ years’ experience as a senior member of a support team with a legal/professional services firm.
Normal office environment requiring extensive use of typical business equipment (e.g., computer, telephone, fax, copier, security system). Should be able to lift normal office equipment up to 50 pounds.
Works in a typical office setting. Overtime hours as needed.
Senior Systems Application Analyst - Dallas Office
This position provides tier 2 and 3 level support and related implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of enterprise software systems. Primary support of our document management, accounting and other client/server applications. Must be proficient in SQL administration. Experience in Elite Accounting and OpenText Document Management Systems is preferred. Must have the ability to work on concurrent projects and manage competing priorities. Plays a significant role in the configuration and deployment of applications and the desktop environment. Must have excellent analytical, communication and documentation skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Work to ensure that enterprise applications and the desktop software environment is up-to-date, reliable and optimized for use by the Firm.
- Responsible for all backend SQL database Administration.
- Responsible for problem resolution at a 2nd and 3rd tier level.
- Provide advanced user support and problem resolution for application issues, including coordinating and working with vendors as necessary.
- Ensure client satisfaction by providing timely and thorough responses to client requests.
- Escalates problems as appropriate to ensure management awareness of problems.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert of eDocs Open Text Document Management Systems. Responsibilities include managing the DMS Servers and monitoring systems.
- Provide back office support of Elite Accounting Systems.
- Stay knowledgeable on latest legal software development by monitoring vendor and industry bulletins for any known vulnerability and bug fixes.
- Provide dependable and consistent on-call support as needed for back-up and where special expertise is required.
- Assist in setting standards for Firm software applications.
- Function as a solid team member of Application Support, including cross training for knowledge transfer within the applications team and desktop support tiers.
- Demonstrate insight on different jobs functions to assist with problem resolutions, provide back-up for coverage and assist others with skill development.
- Provide technical guidance to other support members in the IT Department.
- Create and maintain documentation and standards.
- Participate on projects for new software implementation and upgrades.
- Participate in development and management of new software implementations and updates.
- Provide quality assurance testing for compatibility issues and continuity of knowledge base documentation.
- Assist in enforcing guidelines related to system access and development for vendors.
- Experience with SCCM for deploying applications.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Information Technology related college degree or appropriate work experience.
- 10+ years of previous experience related to Information Technology
- 5+ years of Law Firm experience in applications support.
- Experience in Systems Administration of Document Management Systems.
- Experience in supporting Windows 7 and Office 2010.
- 5+ years of experience in Microsoft SQL, including writing queries.
- Knowledge of Elite Financial Systems a plus.
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks with supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to adapt schedule to changing workload requirements.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Some travel required.
Thompson Coe is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers challenging employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to the applicant's ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation, Vietnam era Veteran status, or membership in other legally protected categories.
When available, our Dallas, Austin, Houston, Saint Paul, New Orleans and Los Angeles offices have a variety of staff positions for legal assistants, legal secretaries, information systems specialists, accounting personnel and administrative personnel. We offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package.