Litigation Paralegal - Houston Office
The Houston office of Thompson Coe is seeking an experienced Litigation Paralegal to add to our team. This is a great opportunity for an assertive “go getter” that takes initiative and has excellent organizational skills. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: drafting pleadings and responses to discovery requests, summarizing depositions, order and summarize medical records, and monitoring client files. Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent communication, written, organizational, proofreading, editing, time management, and computer skills.
Candidates must have 4+ years law firm litigation experience. College degree and/or two–year ABA approved paralegal certificate preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel a must. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates submit resumes to email@example.com.
Litigation Paralegal - Dallas Office
Thompson Coe is looking for an experienced civil litigation paralegal to join our Dallas office. This is a great opportunity for a proactive self-starter with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage a very large and fast-paced docket. The qualified candidate will be responsible for reviewing, organizing, and preparing documents for trial. Must be highly effective at reviewing medical records to determine what information is and is not needed for cases. Candidate must be skilled at preparing discovery as well as tracking and recording billable time. Must be able to exercise independent judgment and decision making.
Minimum of 5 years’ recent insurance litigation paralegal experience, with State court and Federal litigation experience. Bachelor's degree and/or two-year ABA approved Paralegal certificate ideal but not required. Proficiency in Relativity for document storage and organization and Microsoft Office suite to include PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe Pro. Ability to consistently meet deadlines while managing multiple projects with competing priorities. Positive attitude and exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required for daily interaction with clients, opposing counsel and mediators. Ability to exercise discretion, good judgment, and poise in handling sensitive and confidential information. Qualified candidates should forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruiters, principals only please.
Information Technology Office Support Analyst - Dallas Office
The Information Technology Office Support Analyst provides primary support of all technology systems for the Thompson Coe office where they are located and is the point of escalation on all support and infrastructure issues requiring physical presence in the office. The Office Support Analyst will also play a role in planning and implementing firmwide projects. The Office Support Analyst provides direct user support, fill-in training and after-hours coverage as needed. This position will be filled by an energetic team player with exceptional customer service and communication skills. The ideal candidate will have the ability to communicate with all levels of firm personnel, solve technical problems quickly, and will be able to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. High attention to detail as well as clear and accurate documentation skill is required. Please refer all qualified candidates to email@example.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes ownership of incoming support requests either directly from users or as assigned, and completes those requests ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. Updates and maintains support reference guides and knowledgebase as needed.
- Provides local and firmwide end-user support via telephone, voicemail, e-mail and direct contact during both business and non-business hours as needed. Works with firmwide support team to ensure that departmental coverage commitments are met.
- Provides infrastructure and back office systems support, typically under the direction of the Infrastructure and Security Manager or the IT Director.
- Executes on-boarding and off-boarding procedures including account and hardware setup as well as quality control procedures. Makes sure all appropriate documentation and communications to involved parties are completed.
- Works with Technology Adoption team to make sure new hire and on-going training requirements are met.
- Maintains local office inventory, making sure necessary items such as flash drives and replacement hard drives are kept adequately stocked. Makes sure that any “checked out” items such as laptops or mobile MiFi devices are tracked and properly returned. Maintains an inventory of “ready-to-go” laptops and desktops to fulfill unexpected requests.
- Working with the IT Director and other IT Managers, develop and implement new and updated technologies along with user best practices.
- May be assigned the management and implementation of small technology projects, both for the local office and firmwide.
- May travel to other offices to provide support or as part of a project roll-out team.
Troubleshoot and support applications and technology including:
- Microsoft Office 2010 Suite
- Office 365
- eDocs/iManage DMS
- Elite Enterprise
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Wireless network connections/VPN Connectivity
- Audio/Video conferencing with LifeSize systems
- Windows 7/Windows 10 OS
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Dell and Lenovo PCs, laptops, iPhone and Android mobile devices, HP printers
Experience supporting Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010. Experience with O365. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to lead small teams. Experience supporting iPhones/Androids and remote access technology such as VPN/Citrix. Experience supporting standard law firm software such as Open Text eDocs, iManage, Acrobat Pro, and WorkShare. Working knowledge of Active Directory and Exchange Administration. Experience with Windows file permissions/security. General hardware support experience.
Education, Training and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5+ years’ experience as a senior member of a support team with a legal/professional services firm.
Normal office environment requiring extensive use of typical business equipment (e.g., computer, telephone, fax, copier, security system). Should be able to lift normal office equipment up to 50 pounds.
Works in a typical office setting. Overtime hours as needed.
Thompson Coe is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers challenging employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to the applicant's ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation, Vietnam era Veteran status, or membership in other legally protected categories.
When available, our Dallas, Austin, Houston, Saint Paul, New Orleans and Los Angeles offices have a variety of staff positions for legal assistants, legal secretaries, information systems specialists, accounting personnel and administrative personnel. We offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package.