- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2001, Order of Barristers, Teaching Quizmaster, National Mock Trial Champion
- Texas A&M University, B.A., 1998, Political Science, cum laude
- Texas, 2001
- United States District Court Northern, Eastern and Southern District of Texas
- Arkansas, 2017
Zandra E. Foley represents lawyers, accountants, architects, doctors, nurses, engineers, insurance agents, brokers, management companies and other practicing professionals and groups including HOAs, COAs and management companies in claims involving alleged errors and omissions. She has served as trial and appellate counsel for individuals in legal malpractice claims and defends clients in grievance proceedings before the State Bar of Texas. She also defends medical malpractice claims against doctors and nurses and defends nurses in disciplinary actions before the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of bankruptcy attorney who allegedly committed legal malpractice by failing to convert Chapter 7 Bankruptcy to a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.
- Obtained directed verdict on behalf of appellate attorney and his law firm where Plaintiffs alleged the lawyer failed to properly handle an appeal and post-trial collection proceedings and advise of the trial attorney’s alleged malpractice.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of tax lawyer who allegedly committed legal malpractice.
- Defended a Houston lawyer at trial from title company alleging involvement in mortgage fraud.
- Obtained dismissal of State Bar grievance on behalf of Houston attorney who allegedly conspired with others to convert land from client.
- Defended a Houston lawyer in a three-day trial from a former client seeking thousands of dollars in a legal malpractice claim involving the defense of a contract claim.
- Appealed the denial of a Special Appearance on behalf of an Indiana lawyer and law firm seeking dismissal from a legal malpractice lawsuit in Texas.
- Obtained directed verdict on behalf of environmental sanitation company sued for damages allegedly sustained after providing services in response to Tropical Storm Allison.
Professional and Community Activities
- Trial Advocacy Adjunct Professor at the University of Houston Law Center, Fall 2014, Spring 2015, Fall 2016, Spring 2017
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Professional Liability Steering Committee, Vice-Chair
- American Bar Association, Professional Responsibility Section 2009 – Present
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS) 2009 - Present
- Houston Bar Association 2006 – Present
- Legal Lines Volunteer 2006 – Present
- Houston Lawyers Association 2006 – Present
- Houston A&M Club 2006 – Present
Speeches and Presentations
- I Made a Mistake. What Now? Don’t Make it Worse!: DRI Annual Meeting, Professional Liability/Lawyers Ethics & Professionalism CLE Presentation, October 2016, Boston, Massachusetts
- Prohibition Against Pink Doors and Other Litigation Issues Affecting Common Interest Developments, 8th Annual Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2015, Houston, Texas
- Litigation Issues Affecting Common Interest Developments, DRI Professional Liability Seminar 2014, New York, New York
- Lights, Camera, Action: The Jury Trial, Thompson Coe’s 7th Annual Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2014, April 10, 2014, Houston, Texas
- The Beginning of Winning: Strategies for Planning an Effective Voir Dire, Webinar sponsored by the American Bar Association, April 8, 2014
- E&O Update: Agents Rights and Duties, CPCU Society Conferment Luncheon, November 5, 2013, Houston, Texas
- Cerberus and Other Three-Handed Monsters: Analyzing and Defining the Duties in the Trust and Estate Arena, 2013 DRI Annual Meeting, Professional Liability CLE, Chicago, IL
- 2013 Construction Claims Handling: Coverage and Liability, in-house presentation for firm client in Chicago, Illinois 2013
- Civil Engineering Liability: Understanding the Litigation Process, HalfMoon Education Inc. presents: Legal Issues for Texas Civil Engineers, Houston, Texas, April 30, 2013
- Going for the Shutout: Strategies for Minimizing Damages from the Tort Reform Playbook, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update, 2013
- Conflicts, Confidentiality and Malpractice: Ethics Seminar, Burleson, LLP in-house presentation in Houston, TX 2012
- From Lost Cause to Jackpot: Legal Malpractice Damages, OneBeacon Risk Management Seminar, Las Vegas, NV 2012
- Navigating Consent Policies in Professional Liability Cases, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2012
- E&O: Avoiding the Scarlet Letters of Malpractice, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2011, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar
- Appraiser Liability Avoidance, Houston Area Appraisal Institute, August 17, 2010
- Premises Liability: A Closer Look, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2010, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar
- Who Can I Make Pay-Contribution, Indemnity & Proportionate Responsibility, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2009, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar (2009)
- Course Director, April 2009, University of Houston Advanced Insurance and Tort Claims, Houston and Dallas, Presented paper Who Can I Make Pay: Contribution, Indemnity & Proportionate Responsibility
- Presented paper Texas Tort Law Update, 2008 Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update, November 2008, in-house presentation for firm client
- Named in Law & Politics magazine's Texas Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars list for 2007, 2008, 2011-2017.