- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2000, Dean’s Scholar
- Marquette University, B.S., 1997, Biological Sciences, Presidential Scholar
- Texas, 2000
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
Will Moye is a trial lawyer. Will’s practice is chiefly comprised of defending product liability, transportation, casualty, and professional liability claims.
Product Liability: As lead counsel Will has defended lawsuits involving allegations of product defects in passenger vehicles, vehicle components, tires, tractor trailers, heavy industrial equipment, construction equipment, marine equipment, recreational equipment, oilfield equipment, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices. Claims have included those for design defects, manufacturing defects, marketing defects, and consumer fraud allegations. Damages have included wrongful death and survival claims, traumatic brain injuries, amputations, and other catastrophic personal injuries.
Transportation: Will’s transportation practice is literally nationwide. Along with representing professional drivers, he has worked for several long-haul, regional, and local trucking companies in the defense of claims made for negligent hiring, training, supervision, and retention. Will is versed in the FMCSA Rules and Regulations and is a regular speaker on issues related to litigation in the trucking industry.
Energy & Marine: Will has experience litigating premises and negligent activity claims for injuries sustained both offshore and onshore involving platforms, vessels, rigs, and chemical refining and storage facilities. Many of the claims involve explosion litigation.
Professional Liability: Will’s practice involves the representation of attorneys, accountants, brokers, real estate agents, and health care professionals against claims of professional malpractice.
Casualty: Will’s practice includes litigation for Dram Shop/Liquor Liability as well as negligent security cases born from Timberwalk and its progeny.
- Defeated 89 million dollar damage claim via partial motion for summary judgment for the loss of an Eagle Ford Shale oil and gas well.
- Represented the engineer of record for alleged professional negligence for the design of an LPG tank complex, terminal facility, and condensate splitter in a $880 million dollar facility to manage and distribute Eagle Ford Shale assets worldwide.
- Represented the engineer of record for alleged professional negligence for the design of an NGL processing and storage facility for a multi-million dollar facility to manage Permian Basin petroleum assets.
- Served as statewide counsel for auditing company related to Listeria monocytogenes food poisoning, the largest foodborne illness outbreak in United States history.
- Obtained defense verdicts for Ford Motor Company in product liability actions and DTPA/consumer liability claims.
- Served as counsel for Ford Motor Company in both state and federal MDLs involving automotive product liability claims.
- Served as counsel for Ford Motor Company in both state and federal class action litigation.
- Served as counsel for Michelin North America in both state and federal MDLs.
- Served as state-wide counsel for Pep Boys for DTPA/consumer and product liability claims.
- Served as counsel for offshore energy litigation for Technip, Total, and Hercules Offshore, among others.
- Served as counsel for energy litigation for Chevron, Chevron Phillips Chemical, Fisher Klosterman, Inc., Vopak Americas, and other regional refiners, manufacturers, drilling companies, and oilfield services ventures.
- Served as counsel for the Houston Astros Baseball Club, The Corpus Christi Hooks Baseball Club, and Whole Foods Market for premises and general liability claims.
- Served as counsel for national, regional, and local transportation companies and their drivers.
Professional and Community Activities
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Defense Research Institute: Product Liability Committee
- Defense Research Institute: Trucking Law Committee, Regional Editor: DRI Trucking Law Compendium
- Defense Research Institute: Trial Tactics Committee
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance - Houston Chapter - Secretary
- Texas Bar Foundation – Fellow
- Marquette University – Regional Alumni President
- Life Member: National Eagle Scout Association
Speeches and Presentations
- Using Technology To Persuade the Modern American Juror, Lloyd’s Market Association – Lloyd’s of London, United Kingdom (2017)
- (De)Selecting the Modern Juror, TX, NY, IL, FL, NJ, PA, and MI CLE/CE, New York, NY (2016)
- Even Grandma Uses Facebook! Principles of Evidence Presentation to the Modern Jury Panel, TX, NY, IL, FL, NJ, PA, and MI CLE/CE, Detroit, MI (2016)
- Predictive Analysis In Resolving Brain Injury Cases, CLM Transporation Conference, Omaha, NE (2015)
- Biomechanics and Admissibility of Restraint Use / Non-Use, CLM, Houston, TX (2015)
- The Case is Rigged: Oil and Gas Casualty Litigation, TDI, Houston, TX (2015)
- How to Crack Plaintiff’s “Reptile Theory” during Jury Selection, NY, NJ, TX CE/CLE, New Jersey (2014)
- Biomechanics For Dummies (….I mean Lawyers), NY, NJ, TX CE/CLE, New York, NY (2014)
- What is the Haygood Number?, Admissible Medical in Texas, TDI, Houston, TX (2014)
- New Approaches to the Collateral Source Rule, NY, NJ, FL, and Texas CLE, New York, NY, (November 2013)
- How to Level the Playing Field by Hiring the Right Expert, NY, NJ, FL, and Texas CLE, New York, NY, (November 2013)
- Ethical Considerations When Mediating the Catastrophic Injury Case, TDI Richmond, VA (2013)
- Is 'Loser Pays' A Model for Lawsuit Reform?, TDI Richmond, VA (2013)
- Evidence Preservation and Accident Reconstruction: A Primer for Attorneys and Claim Handlers, Las Vegas, Nevada (March 2013)
- The Biomechanics of the Low Impact Truck Crash, Las Vegas, Nevada (March 2013)
- The Courtroom v. The Conference Room: ADR Strategies in Advance of Trial, Texas Department of Insurance, (March 2013)
- Investigating, Evaluating and Defending the Trucking Accident Claim, Thompson Coe's 11th Seminar on Texas Insurance Law Developments, (October 2012)
- The Trucking Lawsuit: Plaintiff’s Counsel’s Perspective, Texas Department of Insurance, Dallas, Texas (Oct. 2012)
- The Defense Attorney’s Playbook 2012, Texas Department of Insurance, Southfield, Michigan (Oct. 2012)
- Reconstructing the Low Delta V Crash, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2012 (March 2012)
- Vicarious Liability: 23 Million Reasons to Pay Attention, Captive Insurance Board of Directors Presentation, Cape Cod, Massachusetts (Sept. 2011)
- Using Tomorrow's Technology to Investigate Today's Crash, Captive Insurance Board of Directors Presentation, Nashville, Tennessee (Oct. 2011)
- Investigating The Catastrophic Claim, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2011, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar
- Presuit Investigation Techniques for the Wrongful Death and Catastrophic Injury Claim, Texas South Chapter of the Association of Special Investigation Units (2011)
- Tweets, Status Updates, and Tags: Using Social Media in Presuit Investigations, Texas Insurance Update, Texas Department of Insurance (2010)
- 2010: A Courtroom Odyssey, Effective Use of Technology at Trial, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2010, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar
- Legislative Update 2010 to CPCU (2010)
- Tort Law Update, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2009, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar (2009)
- Best Practices Investigation: The Trucking Accident Claim, Texas Insurance Update, Texas Department of Insurance, (2009)
- Best Practices Investigation Following a Catastrophic Accident, Texas Insurance Update, Texas Department of Insurance, (2008)
- ECMs, SDMs, and RCMs: To Do or Not to Do: Downloading OnBoard Vehicle Diagnostics, Texas Insurance Update, Texas Department of Insurance, (2008)
- The Big Four Against the Big Three: The Predominant Allegations in Automotive Product Liability Litigation, Prosecuting and Defending the Auto and Trucking Accident Case, State Bar of Texas, (2007)
- What Do We Do Now? Investigating and Defending the Trucking Accident Case, Texas Department of Insurance Continuing Legal Education (2007)
- It’s Been Four Years: Medical Liability After HB4, Texas Department of Insurance Continuing Legal Education (2007)
- Named 2014-2018 Super Lawyer by Law & Politics magazine.
- Named a 2010-2013 Super Lawyer - Rising Star by Law & Politics magazine.