- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1993, Texas Law Review Associate Editor, Environmental Law Note Award
- Arizona State University, M.A., 1991, Geography (Energy concentration)
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 1988, Geography Minor in Economics, high honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- Texas, 1993
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
Austin, Texas 78701
512-703-5085 direct | 512-708-8777 fax
Bill Mennucci is an experienced trial appellate lawyer. Using his advanced knowledge of procedure, evidence, and substantive law, he helps win the trial while simultaneously ensuring that the record is preserved in its best possible posture for appeal. Bill serves as an active member of the trial team, handling litigation strategy, depositions and discovery, summary judgment motions, expert witness issues, pretrial motions, jury selection, directed verdict, jury charge and post-trial motions. Bill typically works on complex, high-exposure cases that are filed in dangerous and hostile venues in Texas and nationwide. In addition to trial work, Bill also maintains an active practice in the courts of appeals, where he has won numerous appeals for his clients.
Substantively, Bill currently focuses on defending automotive designers, manufacturers, and sellers in products liability cases involving death or serious personal injury. However, Bill has also handled many commercial, environmental, premises liability, class action and toxic tort cases during his 20-plus year career.
- Trial Appellate: During the last five years, Bill has worked on more than ten trial teams that obtained defense verdicts for automobile manufacturers in multi-week death and serious personal injury trials, both in federal and state court. The alleged defects in these cases have included transmissions, seats, airbags, seat belts, roofs, vehicle handling and stability, window glass, and electrical systems.
- Represented gravel pit operator in Amarillo Court of Appeals and in Texas Supreme Court in injured truck driver's appeal of defense trial judgment; judgment affirmed and petition for review denied.
- Represented one of the largest private security companies in the United States in appeal of adverse multi-million dollar judgment involving sexual assault of shopping mall patron. Secured favorable settlement for client after briefing was completed and just before oral argument.
- Represented automobile manufacturer in numerous appeals resulting in favorable opinions in the areas of "other similar incidents," economic loss doctrine, products liability evidence, and expert witnesses.