- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 1992, Phi Delta Phi
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 1989, English
- Texas, 1992
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth, Seventh, Ninth and Tenth Circuits
Austin, Texas 78701
512-703-5078 direct | 512-708-8777 fax
Wade Crosnoe represents and counsels insurance companies in a wide range of coverage matters arising under general liability, property, excess, D&O, EPLI, professional liability, and automobile policies. He has tried cases involving coverage issues as well as a case in which a corporate policyholder sued its agent for fraud and professional negligence. He has also represented insurance companies in numerous appeals in cases involving coverage and other insurance-related issues.
- Represented a company in a mandamus proceeding in which the Supreme Court of Texas vacated the district court’s order denying the insurer’s motion to compel arbitration and ordered the case to arbitration.
- Represented a large, national insurance company in an appeal in which the Supreme Court of Texas reversed an award of attorney’s fees to the plaintiff under the Prompt Payment of Claims statute.
- Represented a large, multinational insurance company in an appeal in the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in which the court affirmed the district court’s judgment declaring that the company had no duty to indemnify its insured for a settlement of over $6 million.
- Represented an insurance company in an appeal in a bad faith case in which the Fort Worth Court of Appeals reversed a punitive-damages award of $3.5 million against the insurer and rendered judgment that plaintiffs take nothing on their punitive-damages claim.
- Represented a national insurance company in an appeal in a coverage dispute with another liability insurer in which the Fort Worth Court of Appeals reversed a summary judgment for the other insurer and remanded for trial
- Represented the insurer in the jury trial on remand and obtained a judgment awarding the client reimbursement for its settlement payment on behalf of its insured as well as attorney’s fees incurred in pursuing the reimbursement claim.
- Represented a Texas-based insurance company at trial of subrogation suit brought by co-primary insurer and then represented insurer in appeal from adverse verdict in which the San Antonio Court of Appeals reversed the trial court’s judgment and remanded for a new trial.
- Represented insurance agent in trial involving claims of fraud, deceptive trade practices, and professional negligence and obtained a jury verdict and take-nothing judgment for agent.
- Represented large national insurance company in an appeal from an adverse verdict in an insurance coverage/bad faith case in which the Fort Worth Court of Appeals reversed and rendered a take-nothing judgment against the plaintiffs.
- Represented workers’ compensation carrier in plaintiff’s appeal from an adverse verdict in bad faith case in which the Dallas Court of Appeals affirmed the district court’s take-nothing judgment for the carrier.
- Prepared and filed amicus briefs in Texas appellate courts on behalf of various insurance industry trade groups in cases of interest to those groups.
Professional and Community Activities
- Chair, Austin Bar Association Civil Appellate Section, May 2010 – May 2011
- Presiding Officer at the UT State and Federal Appeals Seminar in Austin, June 4th, 2010
- Austin Bar Association Civil Appellate Section, Secretary-Treasurer, May 2008 – May 2009
- Austin Bar Association Civil Appellate Section, Council Member, May 2006 – May 2008
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Third Court of Appeals Pro Bono Pilot Committee Member, 2008 – 2010
Speeches and Presentations
- Moderator, Panel Discussion of Third Court of Appeals Justices, Austin Bar Association Bench Bar Conference, April 4, 2014
- Avoiding and Overcoming Post-Argument Remorse, UT Conference on State and Federal Appeals, June 14, 2013
- Appeal Basics: What Every Attorney Should Know, Solo and Small Firm Section of the Austin Bar Association, August 25, 2005
- Preserving Summary Judgment Error for Appeal, Civil Appellate Section of the Austin Bar Association, September 16, 2004
- Preserving Summary Judgment Error for Appeal, Civil Appellate Section of the Dallas Bar Association, May 15, 2003
- Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1999-present
- Named in Law & Politics magazine's Texas Super Lawyers® - Super Lawyers list for Appellate, 2003-04, 2006-15
- “AV” Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.