- Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 2014, cum laude; Order of the Barristers; Associate Editor, Baylor Law Review
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2008, English, President, Sigma Tau Delta
- Texas, 2014
- United States District Court Western District of Texas
Austin, Texas 78701
512-703-5096 direct | 512-708-8777 fax
Garrett Hicks is a civil litigator whose practice focuses on civil litigation with an emphasis on construction law, labor and employment law, and a wide range of personal injury cases including oil field accidents, products liability, transportation, and sexual tort cases. He defends individuals, businesses, churches, and HOAs in Texas state and federal courts.
- Obtained dismissal for umbrella manufacturer in federal products-liability suit.
- Drafted successful summary judgment motion in case where property owner alleged that defendant diverted the natural flow of diffuse surface water resulting in more than $1 million in property damage.
- Negotiated dismissal requiring no action by or payment from client where Plaintiff alleged breach of fiduciary duty, violation of HOA statutes, and violation of Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions.
- Obtained summary judgment for HOA on claims of fraudulent lien, common law negligence, common law fraud, civil conspiracy, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of good faith and fair dealing, and constructive fraud.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member of Austin Bar Association
- Member of Austin Young Lawyers Association