- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D., 1983
- Northwestern University, B.S., Communication and Media Studies
12100 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, California 90025
310-954-2380 direct | 310-954-2345 fax
Victor Anderson is a Partner in Thompson Coe's Los Angeles office. He is a member of the Insurance Litigation and Coverage practice group. As a skilled litigator with significant trial experience, his practice focuses primarily on cases involving bad faith insurance and related matters. He is well-known for his ability to assess the unique needs of both insurance and corporate clients. He has successfully defended clients in litigation involving health and life insurance, bad faith, unfair business practices, wrongful death, fraud, negligence, product liability and premises liability.
Mr. Anderson’s experience places him at the top of the game as lead trial counsel in over 50 trials involving toxic exposure, asbestos, breach of contract, bad faith, misappropriation of name and likeness, unfair business practices, wrongful termination, trespass and nuisance, defamation, premises liability, wrongful death and fraud. Mr. Anderson has vast experience resolving cases through mediation, settlement and when necessary, trial. He thoughtfully handles each matter with the individual client’s best interests in mind, which in turn dictates the most desirable, efficient and economic course of action for each matter.
In 2016, the Litigation Counsel of America, a diverse, peer-selected honorary society of 3,500 of the best trial lawyers, awarded Mr. Anderson the Peter Perlman Service Award in recognition for his efforts to improve the lives of others through his community service and charity work. Mr. Anderson is a Prime member of Association of Defense Trial Attorneys, which is a statement of the high regard in which he is held by his peers in the defense trial bar of Los Angeles and California. Mr. Anderson has been a member of the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC) since 2006. In 2015, he was elected to the FDCC Board, holding the distinction of being the first African American Director in the organization's 75-year history. Mr. Anderson also serves on the Board of The Langston Bar Association.
- Mr. Anderson has been lead trial counsel in over 50 trials involving toxic exposure, asbestos, breach of contract, bad faith, misappropriation of name and likeness, unfair business practices, wrongful termination, trespass and nuisance, defamation, premises liability, wrongful death and fraud.
Professional and Community Activities
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel Board, Director (2015)
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Langston Bar Association
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Boys & Girls Club of Venice, Vice President and member of the Board of Directors and Board of Governors
- St. Baldrick’s Foundation, Events Coordinator
Speeches and Presentations
- “The Art of Marketing: Personal Marketing Plan, How to Keep Your Client Happy & How to Network at Events"
- “Determination,” TED Talks
- “Rehabilitating Key Defense Witnesses,” Trial Masters Program
- “Litigation Technology”
- "Good Faith Claims Handling," Combined Claims Conference
- “Technology in the Courtroom”
- "Good Faith Claims Handling," California Association of Independent Insurance Adjusters
- Peter Perlman Service Award, Litigation Counsel of America (2016)
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel Board, Connect Award