Steven M. Augustine focuses his practice on the defense of a wide array of professionals, including attorneys, accountants, and financial advisors. In addition to malpractice cases, Steve also has extensive experience litigating administrative actions brought by state licensing agencies.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a law firm involved in a wrongful foreclosure and unfair debt collection practices lawsuit.
- Obtained a dismissal for lack of personal jurisdiction for a financial advisor in a malpractice and fraud lawsuit.
- Represented tax professionals, accountants, and financial advisors in lawsuits involving Internal Revenue Code Sections 412(i) and 419(e).
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas, Insurance Law Section
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division and Litigation Section
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
Speeches and Presentations
- Going for the Shutout: Strategies for Minimizing Damages from the Tort Reform Playbook, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update (2013).
- Medicare Update: Please Don't Scream at Us!, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update (2013).
- Update on Duty to Defend and the Continuous or Progressive Injury and Damages Exclusion, Insurance and Tort Law Update (2012).
- Your Fender-Bender is Their Policy Limits Dream: Defending the Low-Speed Collision, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update (2012).
- What Are We Supposed to Do We Do with Medicare Settlements?, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update (2012).