- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 2010, Senior Business Editor: Tulane Maritime Law Journal
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 2006, Political Science, magna cum laude
- Texas, 2010
- United States District Court Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Supreme Court, 2017
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit, 2017
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8253 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Mr. Richman is a professional liability and insurance attorney with the Firm. He is a member of the Firm’s Professional Liability Group as well as its Insurance Regulatory and Transactions Group.
Mr. Richman’s litigation practice focuses on defending negligence and breach of fiduciary duty claims against lawyers, real estate license holders, auditors/accountants, and insurance brokers and agents in state and federal courts throughout Texas. Mr. Richman further has substantial experience defending real estate license holders against complaints made to the Texas Real Estate Commission, including complaints filed contemporaneous with litigation.
Mr. Richman has also advised insurance companies, insurance agencies, real estate brokerages, and group purchasing organizations on a variety of corporate and regulatory matters.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of real estate broker and agent sued for violations of the DTPA by property owners.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of insurance agent sued for negligence by non-client automobile loan lienholder.
- Obtained summary judgment for attorney alleged to have defamed opposing party during underlying litigation.
- Obtained no action finding of complaint filed against real estate broker with Texas Real Estate Commission for knowledge of alleged unauthorized practice of real estate in Texas.
- Succeeded in effort to compel production of key records from a Louisiana state agency on behalf of law firm sued for legal malpractice in third-party litigation arising out of the Stanford Ponzi scheme.
- Assisted in defeating franchisor's application for temporary restraining order in contentious breach of contract/trademark infringement litigation filed in federal court.
- Assisted in obtaining take nothing judgment in favor of real estate attorney sued for negligence in drafting transaction documents following successful appeal; the appellate court found that the plaintiff had not presented sufficient evidence of proximate cause at trial to sustain the jury's verdict.
- Assisted in negotiating exclusive marketing and sale agreement for high profile condominium complex on behalf of premier Dallas luxury real estate broker.
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- 2012-2013 Leadership Class
- 2013 Co-Chair of INroads Committee
- Dallas Bar Association
Speeches and Presentations
- Protecting Your Business: The Role of Insurance, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Small Business Symposium, June 20, 2016.
- Stephen C. Richman, Uberrimae Fidei – Once Entrenched, Always Entrenched: The Third Circuit Joins the Majority in AGF Marine Aviation & Transport v. Cassin, But Is That Enough?, 33 TUL. MAR. L.J. 553 (2009).
- Stephen C. Richman Named as DAYL's "One to Watch" for June 2012