- St. Mary's University School of Law, J.D., 2010, magna cum laude, Harlan Society, Executive Editor, St. Mary’s Law Journal
- Texas State University, B.A., 2005, English, summa cum laude
Austin, Texas 78701
512-703-5035 direct | 512-708-8777 fax
Sara Churchin specializes in civil appeals and mandamus proceedings involving a wide range of issues in Texas and federal courts. She also provides civil ligation support to ensure error preservation at trial and to frame and develop potential appellate issues. Sara is a former law clerk to the Honorable Phil Johnson of the Supreme Court of Texas.
- Ford Motor Co. v. Stewart, Cox & Hatcher, P.S. – secured reversal of guardian ad litem fee based on insufficient evidence
- DHM Design v. Morzak – obtained dismissal of lawsuit based on inadequate certificate of merit
- Texas Campaign for the Environment v. Partners Dewatering – obtained dismissal of business-disparagement claims under Texas’s Anti-Slapp statute
- Secured the reversal of a divorce and custody order in an appeal before the Third Court of Appeals based on insufficient evidence
Professional and Community Activities
- Austin Bar Association, Civil Appellate Section
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Travis County Women’s Law Association
Dib Waldrib & Sara Berkeley, “What Happened?”: Confronting Confrontation in the Wake of Bullcoming, Bryant, and Crawford, 43 ST. MARY’S L.J. 1 (2011).
Sara Berkeley, Comment, The BAPCPA’s Restriction on Attorney-Client Speech in the Fifth and Eighth Circuits: Worth Saving or Destroying?, 41 ST. MARY’S L.J . 351 (2010).