- University of Oklahoma, B.A., 2007, Mathematics
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, J.D., 2011, Deans Honor Roll, Order of the Solicitor recipient, Journal of Law and Technology Law Review
- Texas, 2012
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-880-2501 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Roy Mathews is a trial attorney in the firm’s Insurance Litigation and Coverage practice, where he represents insurance carriers in all aspects of contractual and extra-contractual litigation. Roy’s litigation practice also includes representation of businesses and individuals in a wide variety of legal disputes and transactions.
Roy concentrates in litigation, and is experienced in all civil and commercial litigation in state and federal courts. Roy has represented clients in a broad range of corporate/business disputes, as well as in litigation involving claims for breach of contract, bad faith, fraud, violation of extra-contractual duties, and third-party claims.
In addition to his litigation practice, Roy has also represented a wide range of clients in intellectual property related matters related to the enforcement and prosecution of trademark and in labor and employment matters related to physician contract negotiation, non-compete defense, and preparation of employment contracts and company manuals.
- Successfully obtained multiple summary judgments on behalf of self-insured Fortune 200 clients in various tort claims.
- Successfully represented small business in state court bench trial of fraud and theft claims.
- Obtained voluntary nonsuit of premises liability claims for defendant in response to summary judgment.
- Represented Fortune 500 companies in the successful enforcement of its’ trademark rights against competitors.
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- South Asian Bar Association