- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2009, South Texas Law Review - Assistant Note and Comment Editor, Bodman Foundation Award for Best Law Review Article on Natural Resource Law, Academic Merit Scholarship
- Florida State University, B.S., 2006, Anthropology, Cum Laude, Bright Futures Academic Scholarship, Dean’s List
- Texas, 2010
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
Houston, Texas 77056
713-403-8293 direct | 713-403-8299 fax
Ray focuses his practice on insurance coverage and bad-faith cases in state and federal courts throughout Texas. He also assists insurance companies and commercial clients with complex issues in litigation, including jurisdictional challenges, summary judgments, expert challenges, mandamus relief, the jury charge, and post-trial motions.
Before entering private practice, Ray served as a law clerk for the appellate division of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Texas and a judicial intern for the Honorable Terry Jennings of the First Court of Appeals.
- On a trial team that obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a major insurer involving allegations of breach of contract, insurance code violations and bad faith.
- Obtained summary judgment in the District Court for the Southern District of Texas on a multi-million dollar breach of contract case between an insurance agent and insurer involving a dispute over a master servicing agreement.
- Obtained summary judgment in multiple residential and commercial property cases for national insurance carriers.
- Defended insurers in extra-contractual claims involving residential and commercial insurance.
- Successfully removed property damage case to federal court and obtained summary judgment on behalf of a major insurance carrier in a case where the plaintiff intentionally misnamed the insurer in an effort to avoid federal jurisdiction.
Professional and Community Activities
- Houston Bar Association’s Professionalism Committee Member 2014-present
- Houston Bar Association’s Lawyers for Literacy Member 2014-present
- Volunteer Pro Bono Attorney for Catholic Charities 2016 -present
- Law & Politics magazine's 2018 Texas Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars list