Rachael represents employers in matters involving gender, pregnancy, religious, race, national origin, disability, and age discrimination claims, as well as in matters involving claims of retaliation and other violations of state and federal statutes. She represents her clients in state and federal courts, before the EEOC, and in arbitration.
Rachael’s clients range in size from small business owners to multi-national corporations, including retailers, restaurants, home and community based service providers, churches, religious organizations, apartment complexes, management companies, homeowners’ associations, residential developers, pharmaceutical companies, and freight companies.
In addition to representing employers directly, Rachael also represents a major employment practices insurer with whom she is actively engaged in advising as to potential exposure on matters pending throughout the United States and works closely with local counsel to develop litigation and trial strategy.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national security services company in an employment discrimination matter involving claims of discrimination based on race and national origin; harassment/hostile work environment; and retaliation. See Edward Villalovos v. Securitas Security Services USA, Inc., 2011 WL _____ (W.D. Tex. June 30, 2011)
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national security services company in an employment discrimination matter involving claims of discrimination based on disability and retaliation. See Bobby Rogers v. Securitas Security Services USA, Inc., 2011 WL ______ (W.D. Tex. June 30, 2011)
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national retail store in a premises liability matter where the plaintiff sought $7.5 million in damages. See Maria Korotney v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2008 WL 4361249 (E.D. Tex. Sept. 19, 2008)
- Obtained summary judgment, and defended the District Court’s ruling at the appellate level, against claims for violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, negligence and breach of contract in a suit involving extensive property damage to plaintiffs’ residence. See Richard Presley and Tina Presley v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2008 WL 820318 (Tex. App. - Fort Worth March 27, 2008)
- Obtained defense verdict in a jury trial involving breach of contract, breach of warranty, fraud, conspiracy and Deceptive Trade Practices Act claims in a matter involving an alleged defective product.
- Obtained summary judgment for a bar in a Dram Shop liability matter where the plaintiff’s son was killed in an automobile accident.
- Obtaining a defense verdict in a jury trial on behalf of a creditor against breach of contract, Deceptive Trade Practices Act, fraud, and negligence claims.
- Obtained summary judgment in an Oklahoma federal court on behalf of a national security services company in an employment discrimination matter involving claims of discrimination based on national origin and breach of implied employment contract. See Moses Newman v. Burns International Pinkerton Securitas, 2008 WL 356879 (N.D. Okla. Feb. 7, 2008).
- Obtained favorable rulings and dismissals on behalf of numerous employers against Charges of Discrimination filed with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Texas Workforce Commission.
- Negotiated favorable settlements on behalf of numerous clients in lawsuits alleging property damage, personal injury, Fair Housing discrimination, employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association, Co-Chair of Service Committee (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Dallas Diversity Task Force, 2009
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Co-Chair of Judicial Intern Committee (2013)