- Georgetown University Law Center, Masters of Law, 2013, Masters of Laws with a specialization in Labor & Employment and Employee Benefits
- Howard University School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Member of the Charles Hamilton Houston National Moot Court Team – Recognized Brief and Oral Performance;
- U.S. Department of Labor’s/Solicitor General’s Externship and Mentorship Programs
- Baylor University, B.A. Psychology, 2007, Summer Abroad - Baylor in Spain, Madrid, Spain (2006)
Nathaniel represents clients, via litigation and counseling, in all labor and employment-related matters. Nathaniel has represented employers in labor and employment matters, including investigations, concerning discrimination, termination, harassment, disciplinary and adverse actions, prohibited personnel practices, and claims under Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Family Medical Leave Act.
Nathaniel also represent businesses, non-profits, and their directors and officers in a variety of commercial disputes, including breach-of-contract claims, claims of breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and misrepresentation, deceptive trade practices cases, and community association and condominium governance issues.
Prior to joining Thompson Coe, Nathaniel worked at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission in the Office of the General Counsel.
- Obtained dismissal of forty-nine federal government agency employees named as defendants in their individual capacities in discrimination and wrongful termination suit.
- Obtained successful motion to quash opposing counsel’s motion to compel deposition and production of federal government agency employees.
- Has successfully represented a federal government agency in administrative proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Merit Systems Protection Board.
- Has represented a federal government agency in multiple arbitrations and settlement negotiations with outcomes favorable to the agency.
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas – Labor and Employment Section
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association – Labor and Employment Section
- National Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association