- Florida State University, 2010
- South Texas College of Law, 2013
Houston, Texas 77056
713-403-8372 direct | 713-403-8299 fax
Michael is an experienced trial lawyer with an emphasis on personal injury, wrongful death and construction defect claims. Michael has also defended both individuals and businesses of all sizes, from sole proprietors to Fortune 500 companies, in areas including oilfield litigation, business disputes, insurance fraud, and consumer law violations.
- As first chair achieved unanimous defense verdicts in cases ranging from industrial accidents to claims of insurance fraud, real estate fraud and violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Obtained mid-6 figure settlement on behalf of oil services company based on equitable claims.
- Obtained summary judgment in wrongful death premises liability claim brought against homeowner.
- Prepared and argued summary judgments on issues including (1) CPRC § 95, (2) gross negligence claims against employers involving oilfield fatalities, (3) gross negligence claims by parents of deceased children, (4) duty owed by karate instructor to deceased child during in-school karate, and (5) duty owed by homeowner to protect against third-party criminal acts.
- Defended subcontractors against both commercial and residential construction defect claims.