- Notre Dame Law School, J.D., Inter-American Sustainable Development Law Moot Court
- Texas A&M University, B.A., Political Science, Magna Cum Laude
- Texas, 2014
- United States District Court Southern District of Texas
Maria "Puertin" Fernandez Sanchez
Houston, Texas 77056
713-403-8222 direct | 713-403-8299 fax
Maria is a bilingual experienced litigator with a demonstrated history of working in both civil defense and plaintiff cases. Her practice focuses on construction accidents, contracts/warranties and defects, premise liability, and trucking and commercial motor vehicle accidents.
Maria began her practice working as outside counsel for an oil and gas company managing oil rig and trucking accidents. Subsequently, Maria served as a Plaintiff’s lawyer representing personal injury clients in cases ranging from premise liability, slip and fall, workplace accidents, elevator malfunctions and motor vehicle and trucking accidents.
Maria’s exposure to both defense and plaintiff work enables her to analyze a plaintiff’s strengths and weaknesses and gives a unique insight that is invaluable to her clients’ defense. She prides herself in her professionalism, dedication and creativity in representing her clients, and she is committed to obtaining the most favorable outcome for them.
- Obtained plaintiff trial verdict as first chair trial attorney in a motor vehicle accident case.
- Drafted defendant’s motion for summary judgment in fatal oil and gas accident case which was granted.
- Prepared defense mediation presentations and assisted in negotiating multi-million dollar oil and gas casualty settlements.
- Defended construction companies in BBB consumer arbitrations and obtained take nothing decisions in their favor.
Professional and Community Activities
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association – Member
- American Immigration Lawyers Association - Member
- Houston Young Lawyers Association - Member
- Mexican American Bar Association - Member
Speeches and Presentations
- "Know Your Rights Immigration Presentation” at Service Employees International Union, Texas – 02/2018