- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2012
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2007, Government and Sociology
- Texas, 2013
- United States District Court Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
Austin, Texas 78701
512-703-5090 direct | 512-703-8777 fax
Letty P. Aguilar represents employers and their leadership in discrimination and retaliation lawsuits and charges of discrimination, wage claims, suits for breach of contract and various employment-related torts, and suits for violation of state and federal statutes, such as the FLSA, the FMLA, WARN, and the Texas workers’ compensation retaliation statute. In addition, Letty assists in the preparation of employment contracts, severance agreements, non-competes and other restrictive covenants, arbitration agreements, and employee handbooks and policies. Letty also represents businesses and their directors and officers in a variety of commercial disputes, including breach-of-contract claims, claims of breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and misrepresentation, Deceptive Trade Practices Act cases, and community association and condominium governance issues.
- Represented numerous employers before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Texas Workforce Commission and obtained favorable rulings and dismissals of Charges of Discrimination.
- Negotiated several favorable settlements on behalf of employers for claims of discrimination and retaliation.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, Austin Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section, Member
- Member, Austin Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Former Member