- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 2012, Moot Court
- Tulane University, B.A., 2007, English and Environmental Science Minor in Spanish, Tulane University Founder’s Scholarship Recipient
- Texas, 2012
- United States District Court Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas
Houston, Texas 77056
713-403-8378 direct | 713-403-8299 fax
Lauren Hudson is a trial attorney representing clients in state and federal court. Her civil litigation practice focuses on defending premises liability, commercial automobile, personal injury, construction defect, and environmental matters. Within this realm, Lauren has specific experience defending cases involving the Texas Dram Shop and the Texas Workers Compensation Act ("TWCA"), particularly on behalf of companies who do not subscribe to the TWCA scheme. She also has familiarity with the permitting and compliance needs of industry clients who are regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency; the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality; and Harris County Flood Control, Engineering, and Pollution Control Departments.
Prior to joining the firm, Lauren spent several years litigating environmental matters as an Assistant County Attorney for Harris County. While there, she brought environmental enforcement cases on behalf of Harris County, enforcing county regulations and state laws, including the Texas Water Code, Texas Solid Waste Disposal Act, and Texas Clean Air Act.
Lauren has also served as a law clerk in Texas state courts. During law school, Lauren served as a clerk to the Honorable Benjamin Hardin of the 23rd Civil District Court of Texas. Following law school, Lauren served as a clerk to the Honorable Patricia Kerrigan of the 190th Civil District Court of Texas.
Lauren received an Environmental Law Certificate from Tulane University Law School, where she was also a Student Attorney in the Environmental Law Clinic, and a Member of the Environmental Law Society.
Professional and Community Activities
- Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts (2018)
- Provide pro-bono representation to artists and art nonprofits
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel (2017 - Present)
- Defense Research Institute (2017 - Present)
- Association of Women Attorneys, Member (2015 - Present)
- Houston Bar Association, Committee Member (2014 - Present)
- Lawyers for a Beautiful Houston Committee (2017 - Present)
- Gender Fairness Committee (2015 - Present)
- Golf and Fun Run Committees (2014 - 2015)
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member (2012 - Present)
Speeches and Presentations
Co-Presenter, "Civil Environmental Enforcement Throughout Texas," Texas District & County Attorney Association Civil Seminar, May 28, 2015.