- Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 2013, Order of Barristers
- University of Virginia, B.S., 2010, Commerce Minor in Biology
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8260 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Laura Dietrich is a trial attorney with experience representing a wide variety of defendants, ranging from individuals to large entities, and is well-versed in all aspects of litigation.
Laura’s practice primarily focuses on defending individuals and entities in personal injury litigation, including premises owners in slip-and-fall and inadequate security cases, products liability, automobile/trucking accidents and mass tort litigation. Laura frequently represents property owners and contractors in personal injury, wrongful death, and property damage cases, including general contractors, commercial, apartment complexes and shopping centers.
In all of her cases, Laura recognizes the need to provide practical and cost-effective advice to meet the unique needs of her clients.
- Assisted in obtaining defense verdict barring plaintiff from any recovery in a premises liability case as second-chair
- Obtained multiple dismissals in cases involving general contractor–subcontractor injury on the job claims
- Obtained summary judgments on behalf of premises owners involved in on-the-job injury claims
- Assisted in numerous trial preparations by drafting trial motions, motions in limine, jury instructions, and trial briefs
- Obtained dismissal of wrongful death case through filing of a motion for summary judgment that resulted in plaintiff’s counsel dismissing case rather than responding to motion
- Successfully negotiated favorable settlements in numerous premises liability, general negligence, and Dram Shop cases
- Experienced in various employer–employee relationship matters between contractors and subcontractors
- Full experience in both pre-suit and post-suit mediations and successful informal settlement negotiations
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association