- University of Southern California Law School, J.D., 2007
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A., 2003
- Central District of California, 2010
Kenny Brooks’ practice is focused on professional liability defense with an emphasis on legal malpractice defense stemming from underlying litigation matters involving real estate, insurance, business disputes, and other complex litigation matters. In addition, Kenny also represents businesses and individuals in complex insurance and real estate litigation. Kenny handles all aspects of litigation practice, from inception through trial.
- Obtained summary judgment in defense of 7-figure legal malpractice action, which was affirmed on appeal.
- Secured Anti-SLAPP dismissal of malicious prosecution action against law firm affirmed by the Court of Appeal, including an attorney's fees award of over $50,000.
- Obtained Anti-SLAPP dismissal of action against law firm based on position that attorney would be unable to preset a defense without divulging attorney-client communications.
- Gained Court order dismissing legal malpractice action stemming from a real estate action at its inception utilizing Code of Civil Procedure § 128.7 and securing an attorney's fees award.
- Successfully defended large law firm in multi-million dollar legal malpractice arbitration based on land use dispute and obtained an award of nearly $500,000 in attorney’s fees and costs
- Gained pre-trial dismissals of multi-million dollar professional liability action against insurance broker based on coverage lapse
- Gained exemption from $580,000 business improvement district assessment for large institutional client based solely on petition against the City of Los Angeles
- Obtained seven figure settlement in breach of commercial lease action against large grocery chain after defeating summary judgment.
- Resolved numerous legal malpractice and real estate matters before costly and contentious litigation
Professional and Community Activities
- Steering Committee Member, Professional Liability Underwriters Society (Southern California Chapter)
Mixed Causes of Action Get Mixed Anti-SLAPP Results, Los Angeles Daily Journal