- South Texas College of Law, 2015, Order of Barristers; Thomas Tang Moot Court Competition - 2014 National Champion
- Texas A&M University, 2011
- Texas, 2015
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-880-2612 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Katrisha Shirley counsels and represents employers in a range of labor and employment matters in state and federal courts, as well as before administrative agencies.
Katrisha’s litigation experience includes cases concerning contractual disputes involving commercial real estate and mortgage lending as well as alleged violations of various employment statutes, including the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Title VII.
Prior to joining Thompson Coe, Katrisha worked as an associate in an AmLaw 200 law firm representing clients in a variety of complex commercial disputes.
- Won summary judgment motion for defendant in disability discrimination and retaliation case.
- Negotiated and obtained favorable settlement for nationwide freight company in breach of contract case.
- Won motion to dismiss for defendant in delinquent ad valorem tax case.
- Negotiated and obtained favorable settlement for nationwide mortgage servicing company in case involving force placed insurance.
- Successfully secured a defense verdict and obtained an award for Client on its counterclaim in an HOA case involving the lack of repair to a septic system and breach of restrictive covenants
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Houston Young Lawyers Association Leadership Academy, Member, 2017-2018
- South Texas College of Law Moot Court Coach, 2015-2018