- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 2015, Maritime Law Certificate, cum laude
- Wake Forest University, B.A., 2007, magna cum laude
- Louisiana, 2015
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
Katherine Swartout focuses her practice on matters involving maritime law, interstate carrier defense, commercial litigation and workers' compensation, as well as general civil litigation. Although early in her career, Katherine has already gained experience in commercial trucking defense for a national carrier and has worked on premises liability cases as well as construction defect and torts. Katherine represents a wide range of clients, including Fortune 500 companies and international insurers.
Katherine has several years of experience in the maritime industry which include work with both the New Orleans Port Authority and the Cleveland Port Authority, as well as a major European Ocean Carrier. She has worked with carriers, shippers, terminals and government authorities on contract negotiations, labor issues, and international logistics/compliance/documentation.
Professional and Community Activities
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association