- University of South Carolina, B.A., 2009, magna cum laude, Outstanding Woman 2009 Finalist
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, J.D., 2012, American Indian Law Review, Order of Solicitor
- Oklahoma, 2012
- Minnesota, 2013
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States District Court Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Oklahoma
- United States Court of Appeals Tenth Circuit
Houston, Texas 77056
713-403-8219 direct | 713-403-8299 fax
Jessica Craft an experienced civil litigation attorney who has represented clients through all phases of trial in state, federal, and administrative courts. Jessica began her practice in Oklahoma, where she focused on civil litigation and insurance defense, with a particular focus on professional negligence and employment litigation.
Jessica has significant experience in all aspects of litigation, including preliminary case evaluation and investigation, preparing and arguing motions, witness preparation, taking and defending depositions, and alternative dispute resolution.
- Obtained defense trial verdict as second chair trial attorney in an FMLA interference case against a trucking company in the Western District of Oklahoma in which the verdict was upheld after oral hearing with the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Obtained a defense trial verdict as second chair trial attorney in an professional negligence claim against a child custody evaluator in Oklahoma County, Oklahoma.
- Obtained a defense directed verdict as second chair trial attorney in medical malpractice claim against a diagnostic radiologist in Tulsa County, Oklahoma.
- Assisted in the trial of medical malpractice claim against diagnostic radiologist and radiology group in the Northern District of Oklahoma while the plaintiff obtained a verdict in excess of one million dollars against the co-defendant, an emergency room physician.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of alleged employer in a wrongful termination and Title VII claim.
- Obtained successful motion to dismiss claim of improper blood by-product donation.
- Obtained successful motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim on behalf of a regional specialty hospital by a former patient alleging premises liability.
Professional and Community Activities
- Certified Claims Professional, 2016, Claims Litigation Alliance
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM) (2013 – present)
- Oklahoma Chapter co-founder (2015)
- Director of Events (2015 – present)
- Certified Claims Professional (2014 – 2016)
- Young Risk Professionals (2016 – present)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) (2012 – present)
- Junior League of Oklahoma City (2014-2016)
- Junior League of The Woodlands (2016 – present)
- Assistant Chair, Community Relations & Placement Development
- Oklahoma County Bar Association (2012 – present)
- Oklahoma Bar Foundation, Fellow (2012 – present)
- Oklahoma Bar Association - Group Insurance Committee (2014 – 2016)
- Oklahoma Bar Association - Professional Responsibility Committee (2015 – 2017)
- Panhellenic Advisor to OU’s Epsilon Alpha Chapter of Chi Omega (2013 – 2016)
- Area Recruitment Information Chair, Chi Omega Alumnae Association of Houston (2016 – present)
Speeches and Presentations
- Panel Speaker, YOU’RE FIRED! The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of Employment Terminations, CLM 2016 Southwest Conference
- Panel Speaker, Conflict Resolution in the Workplace, Central Oklahoma Association of Legal Assistants’ Fall 2015 Seminar
- Speaker, The Defining Decade: A Message for Twenty-Somethings, Chi Omega Fraternity November 2015 Training
- Moderator, No Sweat Corporate Rep Depo Prep: CLM Panel Discussion, CLM Oklahoma
- 2012 Recipient of the OU Law Professional Responsibility Award
- American Indian Law Review, 2011-2012 Outstanding Note or Article Editor
- Order of the Solicitors
- National Health Law Moot Court Competition Team
- NextGen Under 30 Recipient, Law Section
- Super Lawyers© Rising Star 2017