- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 2007, May 2007, Law Review Staff Member and Articles Editor, Graduated Magna Cum Laude, Regent Scholar 2005-2007
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2004, Government and Spanish
- Texas, 2007
- United States District Court Northern, Eastern and Southern District of Texas
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8225 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Jessica's litigation practice focuses on defending premises liability, products liability, construction defect, mass tort, and general negligence cases. Jessica represents product manufacturers, sellers, and designers; homeowners; real estate agents and brokers; commercial and residential premises owners and managers; bars and restaurants; and other business entities in cases involving minor to catastrophic injuries; property damage; claims of fraud and misrepresentation; and deceptive trade practices. Jessica also advises insurers on the enforceability of various contractual provisions, including indemnity and limitation of liability provisions.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal for construction company in a case alleging severe injuries
- Obtained voluntary dismissal and indemnification for trailer distributor in a products liability case
- Obtained summary judgment in Tarrant County for premises owner in a case alleging severe property damage and personal injuries.
- Obtained summary judgment in Dallas County for two premises owners in cases alleging violations of building codes and other dangerous conditions.
- Obtained dismissal in Tarrant County based on lack of jurisdiction for large hotel and casino.
- Obtained a defense verdict from a jury in Tarrant County in favor of a country club in a triple fatality dram shop lawsuit.
- Obtained defense verdict from a jury in Hill County in favor of a large machinery designer and manufacturer where the plaintiff was severely injured and brought claims of manufacturing, design, and marketing defects.
- Obtained summary judgment for upscale residential premises owner in property damage action in Dallas County involving claims of fraud and negligent hiring and retention.
- Obtained defense verdict for movie theater owner and operator in Tarrant County in an action involving claims of food poisoning and personal injury.
- Obtained defense verdict for pest control company in an action involving claims of fraud and violation of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Obtained summary judgment in Dallas County for a homeowner in a construction site accident case.
- Obtained a summary judgment in Tarrant County for a business owner in a case involving allegations of environmental hazards and nuisances.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member of Dallas Bar Association
- Member of the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Foundation
Speeches and Presentations
- "Landowner's Liability for Criminal Acts of Third Parties" - May 13, 2014
- Overview of Landowner/Occupier Liability for Foreseeable Criminal Acts - September 26, 2011
- Update on H.B. 274 - All Bark and No Bite? - September 26, 2011