- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 1995
- Southwest Texas State University, B.S., 1992, summa cum laude
- Texas, 1996
- United States District Court Western and Southern Districts Texas
Austin, Texas 78701
512-703-5065 direct | 512-708-8777 fax
Jeff is a trial attorney with experience representing clients in a broad range of legal disputes and litigation matters. Jeff has successfully represented clients in matters involving catastrophic injury, wrongful death, products liability, premises liability, construction defect, and professional liability. He has also represented major insurance carriers in allegations breach of contract and bad faith, as well as disputes involving coverage.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement against a media production company in a traumatic brain injury case.
- Obtained summary judgment for a major insurance carrier involving claims of breach of contract, bad faith, insurance code violations and deceptive trade practices related to damage claims arising from the Bastrop Wildfires.
- Negotiated favorable settlement for a national automotive parts distributor involving wrongful death resulting from an automobile collision.
- Obtained summary judgment for a motorcycle safety training company by enforcing a pre-injury release of liability.
- Handled defense of a property management company for severe spinal injuries resulting in quadriplegia arising from a diving incident.
- Successfully defended lawsuits through jury trial involving personal injuries arising out of motor vehicle collisions.
- Represented a national foundation repair company in litigation and arbitration of numerous disputes involving claims of breach of contract, breach of warranties, deceptive trade practices and negligence.
- Representation of numerous contractors and trades in a multitude of construction defect lawsuits involving residential, commercial and multifamily projects.
- On trial team that obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a major insurer involving allegations of breach of contract, insurance code violations and bad faith. Obtained summary judgment in wrongful death products liability case involving a truck brushguard.
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas
- Defense Research Institute
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Austin Bar Association (Litigation and Construction Sections)
- Chair, Construction Law Section, Austin Bar Association (2008-2009)
- Big Hearts for Brave Hearts supporting Hospice Austin (2008-2009)
- LEED® Green Associate - Green Building Certification Institute
- Member USGBC Central Texas-Balcones Chapter
Speeches and Presentations
- “What’s New in the TRCP and How Does it Affect You?”, Texas Advanced Paralegal Seminar, 2014
- “New Texas Rules for Dismissals and Expedited Actions”, Texas Property and Casualty Insurance Guaranty Association , 2013
- “Statutory and Contractual Duties of Design Professionals in Green Construction”, Half Moon, LLC, 2012
- “Contract Law for Engineers”, Half Moon, LLC, 2011
- “Liability for Worksite Injuries”, Ultimate Claims Handling XIII Seminar, 2008
Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow