Jeff Otto has extensive experience in the defense and trial of professional liability litigation brought against attorneys and physicians.
- Tried medical malpractice case involving failure to diagnose breast cancer litigation resulting in defense verdict in Central Texas.
- Tried medical malpractice case involving wrongful foreclosure claims against large regional law firm and its substitute trustee during foreclosure action; defense verdict.
- Defended deceased attorney’s estate in action brought by heirs in probate case claiming mismanagement and breach of fiduciary duties; confidential settlement reached.
- Defended architects and engineers in litigation over multiple rural school district projects brought by local school boards; statewide settlements reached in all cases.
Professional and Community Activities
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel (TADC) – Speakers Committee
- Medmarc Defense Group
- Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA)
Speeches and Presentations
- "After the Accident – Now What?" Fleet Safety Symposium at UT / Pickle Research Center (2010)
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel - Risk Transfer Agreements; The Express Negligence Rule; Ethyl Doctrine in Texas (2007)
- TADC/U.T. Construction Law Seminars – Cross-Examination of Experts (2004, 2007)