Jeff Otto has represented many manufacturers and has tried cases from El Paso to Edinburg to Austin for medical device manufacturers.
- Obtained defense verdict in South Texas involving 82 year-old plaintiff claiming defective design and manufacturing of DME placed by Home Health Agency.
- Obtained defense verdict in Central Texas involving wheelchair bound plaintiff claiming defective design of wheelchair lift used in modified van.
- Handled complex medical device claims against manufacturer of drug-eluting stent; confidential settlement reached in 2007.
Professional and Community Activities
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel (TADC) – Speakers Committee
- Medmarc Defense Group
- Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA)
Speeches and Presentations
- "After the Accident – Now What?" Fleet Safety Symposium at UT / Pickle Research Center (2010)
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel - Risk Transfer Agreements; The Express Negligence Rule; Ethyl Doctrine in Texas (2007)
- TADC/U.T. Construction Law Seminars – Cross-Examination of Experts (2004, 2007)