- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2013, Articles Editor, International Law Review
- University of North Texas, B.A., 2008, Biology, Minor in Chemistry, Dean’s List
- Texas, 2014
- United States District Court Northern, Eastern and Southern District of Texas
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8296 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Jacqueline Ihekwaba is an associate attorney in the firm's Dallas office. Her practice focuses primarily on the defense of nationwide insurance carriers in insurance-related matters, coverage disputes, and bad faith litigation. Jacqueline is an experienced commercial litigator who devotes her practice to complex construction cases involving residential and commercial property disputes, private and public construction project matters, surety bonds, and indemnity actions. She has extensive courtroom experience in depositions and motion practice including hearings on motions for summary judgment, motions for default judgment, motions to compel discovery, and dismissals for want of prosecution. She has wide-ranging knowledge in handling arbitrations, representing clients in mediation and settlement negotiations, and preparing witnesses for trial.
Jacqueline earned her bachelor’s degree in Biology from the University of North Texas and was awarded her Juris Doctor degree at SMU Dedman School of Law. She is licensed to practice law by the State Bar of Texas.
- Assisted in the litigation and ultimate successful defense of trade secrets lawsuit against mobile company client. Client was awarded its attorneys’ fees under the Texas Uniform Trade Secrets Act.
- Successful representation of a construction company in arbitration.
- Represented Sureties in construction contract and indemnity action disputes.
- Successful representation of employers in non-competition, covenant not to compete, and non-solicitation agreement issues.
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Bar Association
- J.L. Turner Legal Association, the African-American Bar Association of Dallas
- Judge Barefoot Sanders Law Magnet Center at Townview High School Mentor
- YMCA, Texas Youth and Government Mock Trial Judge
- Christ Embassy Arlington Church, Decorations Committee Chair