- Campbell University Law School, J.D., 2010, cum laude, ABA National Moot Court Team, Law Review Comments Editor
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 2006, Political Science and Psychology
- North Carolina, 2010
- Texas, 2017
- United States District Court Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina
- United States District Court Eastern District of Texas
Austin, Texas 78701
512-703-5039 direct | 512-703-5039 fax
Heather Beam’s practice focuses on civil litigation in a wide variety of areas, including construction law, professional liability, personal injury, products liability, and insurance defense. Additionally, Heather enjoys volunteering her time representing and assisting victims of domestic violence.
Prior to moving to Texas, Heather practiced as an attorney in North Carolina for seven years. She has successfully represented clients in all stages of litigation, including claims, court hearings, mediations, trials, and appeals.
- Authored motion which resulted in partial judgment on the pleadings for subcontractor in construction defect action
- Obtained summary judgment for a hospital in a medical malpractice action, which was subsequently affirmed by the North Carolina Court of Appeals in Gause v. New Hanover Reg’l Med. Ctr., 795 S.E.2d 411 (2016).
- Obtained summary judgment for defendant-parent in a personal injury action arising out of child allegedly injuring the plaintiff with a BB gun
- Obtained summary judgment for defendant arising out of a bicycle-vehicle accident
- Bruns v. North Carolina Farm Bureau Mut. Ins. Co., Inc., 2014 WL 2993995 (N.C. Ct. App. 2014) (vacating summary judgment in breach of contract claim)
- Metts v. New Hanover Reg’l Med. Ctr., 2012 WL 2896158 (N.C. Ct. App. 2012) (affirming dismissal of hospital in lawsuit involving claim of assault arising out of medical treatment)
Professional and Community Activities
- Austin Bar Association, Construction Section
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Travis County Women Lawyers’ Association
- Texas Advocacy Project, Volunteer Legal Line Attorney
- North Carolina Judicial District 3B Bar, Vice President 2017, Secretary/Treasurer 2016
- Craven County Bar Association, President 2014-2015, Secretary/Treasurer 2013-2014