- Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 1992
- Baylor University, B.A., 1989
- Texas, 1992
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Texas
Houston, Texas 77056
713-403-8388 direct | 713-403-8299 fax
George Arnold devotes his practice to defending individuals, corporations, healthcare providers, insurance agents and insurers in litigation primarily in state and federal courts in Southeast Texas and South Texas. He has tried jury and bench trials in courts in the Houston and surrounding areas and as far south as McAllen, Texas along the Texas-Mexico border. He has significant experience representing clients in serious injury and death cases and representing insurance professionals and insurers in bad faith, property and hurricane litigation involving personal insurance, commercial insurance, and life and health insurance.
George regularly serves as lead counsel defending clients in litigation based upon claims of premises liability, product liability and professional liability, and violations of the Texas Dram Shop Statute, Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act and Texas Insurance Code.
Before joining Thompson Coe, George was in-house counsel at Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company for twelve years serving as counsel in the Claims Department and the General Counsel’s Office. His experience at Fireman’s Fund involved representation of the insurer and insureds, as well as litigation management and the development of strategic outside counsel arrangements.
- Defended owners and managers of shopping malls, hospitality industry, apartment complexes and other commercial properties in general premises liability, security, elevator and escalator litigation.
- Defended general contractors, subcontractors and material suppliers in construction accident and construction defect litigation.
- Defended physicians and ancillary healthcare professionals in medical malpractice litigation and mass pharmaceutical litigation.
- Defended petrochemical industry producers, refiners, transporters, sellers and affiliated trades in well-site, refinery, trucking and store litigation.
- Defended insurance agents in errors and omissions claims involving personal, commercial, life and health insurance.
- Defended insurers in extra-contractual claims involving personal and commercial insurance and particularly hurricane litigation.
- Appellate representation of clients in Houston and Beaumont Courts of Appeals and U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit in New Orleans.
- Directed verdict in Harris County for commercial premises owner in security case.
- Obtained defense verdict in Harris County for insurance agent in errors & omissions case involving placement of general liability coverage issue.
- Obtained summary judgment in McAllen, Texas for insurance agent in errors & omissions case involving $1,000,000 life insurance policy.
Professional and Community Activities
- Houston Bar Association AIDS Outreach Committee (2007 – present)
- Houston Bar Association Special Olympics Committee (2007 – 2008)
- Habitat for Humanity – annual Houston Bar Association project volunteer
- Human Rights Campaign Partner (1996 – present)
- Texas Bar Foundation – Fellow
Speeches and Presentations
- "Hurricane Litigation After Mediation Fails" Panel Discussion, Thompson Coe's 9th Seminar on Texas Insurance Law Developments, May 6, 2010
- “After the Storm: Property and Business Interruption Issues” (Paper written in January 2007 for presentation to Crum & Forster in New Jersey)
- “Settling It Once and for All: What you Need to Know about Liens” (Presentation at Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2008)
- “Subrogation and Liens: Basic Principles and Practical Consideration” (Presentation at Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company Claims Department webinar in 2008)