- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, M.Div., 1985
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 2000
Houston, Texas 77056
713-358-6779 direct | 713-403-8299 fax
Houston, Texas 77056
713-403-8210 direct | 713-403-8299 fax
Gary Pate’s practice involves real estate transactions, representation of real estate professionals, construction defect litigation, trademark litigation, products liability, and complex commercial litigation. Clients love Gary because he is highly responsive to their needs, easy to reach, and looks for cost-effective ways to get client focused results. Gary’s billing reflects results and efficient use of time towards the ultimate objective. Gary finds ways to resolve problems rather than escalate the costs of litigation. Gary is an excellent communicator with clients, opposing counsel, and a communicator in the court room. Clients love the fact that Gary is collaborative and seeks valuable client input on the final work product.
- Won in excess of $3 million for Fremak Industries, Inc. in the International Court of Arbitration.
- Won $21 settlement for cotton warehouse in Galveston, Texas.
- Negotiated $40 million acquisition of a port warehouse facility in Houston.
- Tried multi-million dollar products liability lawsuit in Federal Court in Houston winning $667,000 on a counterclaim against the Plaintiff.
- Has tried a trademark case to the jury with a defense verdict plus $1.1 million in attorney’s fees to his client.
- Has successfully represented real estate professionals in litigation and administrative proceedings before the Texas Real Estate Commission.
- Has tried a multi-million dollar pharmaceutical case against the Texas Attorney General’s Office.
- Prevailed in Arbitration for a mortgage lending company against a former employee who claimed he was owed millions.
- Has tried multiple cases in the International Court of Arbitration for international disputes as well as domestic trials in domestic arbitration, state and federal court.
Professional and Community Activities
- Bible Teacher at Houston’s First Baptist Church
Speeches and Presentations
- Contributing author for Texas Realtor Magazine