- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., with honors
- The University of Texas at Austin, Ph.D., History with Concentration in Legal and Constitutional History
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Plan II Honors Program
- United States District Court Northern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8218 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Elizabeth Lee Thompson specializes in civil appeals in Texas state courts and federal courts. She also assists trial counsel in preserving error for appeal in the trial court, including in pretrial, trial, and post-trial motions.
Lee is Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. She served as a staff attorney for Justice Elizabeth Lang-Miers at the Texas Fifth District Court of Appeals at Dallas, Texas. During her over six years at the Court, she worked on civil and criminal appeals concerning a wide range of legal and procedural issues.
Lee holds both a J.D. and a Ph.D. in history with a concentration in legal and constitutional history. Her published work includes a book and articles on legal and historical subjects in publications including St. Mary’s Law Journal, American Journal of Legal History, and Texas International Law Journal. Her most recent publication is Interlocutory Appeals in Texas: A History, 48 St. Mary’s L.J. 65 (2016). She has also taught legal and historical subjects at Stanford Law School, Southern Methodist University, and the University of Texas at Arlington.
Selected Publications, Speeches, and Presentations
- Dallas Bar Association Appellate Section, May 2018: Interlocutory Appeals in Texas: A History
- Texas Fifth District Court of Appeals, November, 2017: Interlocutory Appeals in Texas: A History
- Interlocutory Appeals in Texas: A History, 48 St. Mary’s L.J. 65 (2016).
Professional and Community Activities
- William “Mac” Taylor American Inn of Court, Master of the Bench, 2017–Present
- Patrick E. Higginbotham Inn of Court, Barrister Member, 2014–2017
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association Appellate Section
- American Society for Legal History
- Scribes: The American Society of Legal Writers
- State Bar of Texas Appellate Section
- Texas Supreme Court Historical Society
- Dallas Women Lawyer Association
- Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Law School Dean’s Achievement Award
- Finalist Scribes Law Review Competition, the American Society of Writers on Legal Subjects
- Best Note, Texas International Law Journal
Interlocutory Appeals in Texas: A History, 48 St. Mary's L.J. 65