- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2012, SMU International Law Review, Dean’s Scholarship Recipient, Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honors Fraternity Member
- University of Oklahoma, B.B.A., 2009, Accounting and Finance, Dean’s Honor Roll, Price Business College Dean’s List, Mortar Board, Gamma Beta Phi Honors Fraternity Member.
- Texas, 2012
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8278 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Drew Jones enjoys an active and diverse litigation practice focused on commercial litigation, contract disputes, representation of insurance carriers, and products liability. He has extensive experience representing defendants in contractual and extra-contractual disputes with a focus on protecting clients from outstanding liability exposure. He has been involved in several noteworthy cases involving first and third-party actions relating to the interpretation of the terms, conditions, and exclusions contained within an insurance policy.
Before joining Thompson Coe, Drew represented insurance companies in relation to catastrophic hail, hurricane, and wind losses throughout Texas. His previous practice involved representing carriers and adjusters in coverage disputes, defense against bad faith claims, and other issues arising under general liability and commercial property.
- Represented various businesses with respect to contractual and extra-contractual disputes.
- Represented manufacturer of indoor soccer turf component parts in premises liability and product liability lawsuit.
- Obtained summary judgments on multiple post-appraisal commercial and residential property disputes.
- Represented commercial and residential property carriers in both state and federal court actions involving coverage-related and bad faith litigation.
- Represented independent adjusting companies, adjusters, and insurers in multiple Hurricane Ike and Dolly lawsuits in the Texas Gulf Region and surrounding areas.
- Represented doctors, therapists, and their respective carriers in defense against claims of medical malpractice.
Professional and Community Activities
- Business Law and Litigation Section of Texas State Bar
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers