- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1979
- College of the Holy Cross, A.B., 1968, Political Science
- California, 1980
- United States District Court Central, Eastern, Southern, Northern Districts of California
- United States Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit
12100 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, California 90025
310-954-2371 direct | 310-954-2345 fax
David C. McGovern practices in the areas of aviation litigation, product liability litigation, admiralty litigation, construction defect litigation, and drug and medical device litigation. In the aviation arena, he defends fixed base operators, sightseeing tour operators, air carriers, charter airlines, film and television studios, production companies, aerial coordinators, contractors, and product manufacturers in major wrongful death and bodily injury litigation.
He was on active duty in the United States Navy from 1969 to 1976, and then served in the Naval Air Reserve until 1994, when he retired with rank of Commander. During that time, he logged over 1,200 hours and 225 carrier arrested landings in the F4 Phantom II.
Professional and Community Activities
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Aviation Insurance Association
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association