- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 1994
- Texas Tech University, B.B.A., 1990, Marketing
- Texas, 1994
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
- Arkansas, 2006
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8292 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
David A. McFarland’s trial practice focuses on personal injury litigation, dram shop litigation, trucking accidents, premises liability and products liability. An experienced trial lawyer, David has represented clients in several hundred death and injury claims, which has created a solid foundation of experience.
David has defended hundreds of business owners in cases seeking recovery under a premises liability theory. In claims asserted under the Texas Dram Shop Statute, he has represented numerous store owners, bars, and restaurants. He continues to represent clients in high-exposure disputes involving construction defect and product liability allegations, in addition to suits asserting claims for inadequate security. David litigates lawsuits involving major transportation accidents throughout the state of Texas.
David's health care clients have included hospitals, long term care facilities, practicing nurses and physicians, medical device manufacturers, and pharmaceutical companies. David has handled the defense of statewide, multi-claimant litigation. He served as defense counsel for a major pharmaceutical company in the fen/phen litigation.
- Obtained summary judgment in a wrongful death case in Tarrant County in which plaintiffs were seeking in excess of $3 million for a murder committed on the premises.
- Obtained summary judgment in a premises liability case pending in Tarrant County.
- Won a jury verdict in a wrongful death/dram shop lawsuit in Tarrant County where two people were killed in an automobile accident caused by a drunk driver.
- Won a jury verdict in a wrongful death/product liability lawsuit in Duval County wherein Plaintiff was killed in an oil field accident.
- Simonson, M.D. vs Keppard, 225 SW3rd 868 (Tex App- Dallas 2007) Won appeal of trial court's order denying client's motion to dismiss for the plaintiff's failure to file an adequate expert report.
- Won a jury verdict in a breach of contract lawsuit against a construction company.
- Successfully tried brain injury case in Harris County.
- Obtained summary judgment in a wrongful death lawsuit involving violations of the Texas Dram Shop Statute.
- Obtained a favorable resolution on behalf of a large pharmaceutical corporation in a multi-party product liability case.
- Obtained summary judgment in a product liability lawsuit on behalf of manufacturer.
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Bar Association
- Southlake Carroll Independent School District Bond Committee
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Member White Chapel Methodist Church
- Named by Law & Politics magazine's Texas Super Lawyers® - Super Lawyer, Corporate Counsel Edition and Business Edition for Personal Injury Defense: General in 2010.
- Named by Law & Politics magazine's Texas Super Lawyers® - Super Lawyer for Personal Injury Defense: General 2009 - 2013.
- Named a Rising Star in Law & Politics magazine in 2004.
- Named one of the Best Lawyers Under 40 by D Magazine in 2006.
- “AV” Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell.