- Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 1998, Harvey M. Richey Moot Court Society
- Baylor University, M.B.A., 1998, Hankammer School of Business
- Southwestern Adventist University, B.S., 1992, Business Management
- Texas, 1998
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
Houston, Texas 77056
713-403-8245 direct | 713-403-8299 fax
Danielle Maya has defended real estate professionals in state court and before the Texas Real Estate Commission against claims implicating their errors and omissions policies.
She has also successfully defended insurance agents and Home Owners' Associations.
- Obtained dismissal of grievance filed against a real estate broker and agent before the Texas Real Estate Commission.
- Obtained a voluntary dismissal of breach of contract, misrepresentation, fraud, negligence, and D.T.P.A., claims against real estate agent, real estate broker, and real estate company by Plaintiffs after filing motion for summary judgment.
Professional and Community Activities
- Houston Bar Association Ambassador: Member of committees for Lawyer Professionalism, Fun Run; Past committees--Lawyers in Public Schools, Judicial Polls
- Texas Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- State Bar of Texas
- Habitat for Humanity
Speeches and Presentations
- Editor of A.M. Best, Texas Digest of Insurance Laws, 2008-2015.
- Author and speaker, "Texas Dram Shop Liability: In the Eye of the Hurricane?" Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update presented by Thompson Coe, April 2010.
- Author and speaker, "Navigating Black Diamonds: Expert Challenges," presented at Texas Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Winter 2010.
- Author and speaker, "Premise Liability: A Good Place to Be," Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update presented by Thompson Coe, September 2009.
- Author and speaker, “Everybody’s a Critic, How and When to Challenge an Expert,” Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update presented by Thompson Coe, September 2008.
- Co-authored “Defense of a Diesel Exhaust Exposure Case,” presented at Texas Association of Railroad Trial Counsel Meeting, April 2000.
- Author and speaker, “Texas Rules of Evidence Update,” Texas Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Spring 1999.