- Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 1998, Harvey M. Richey Moot Court Society
- Baylor University, M.B.A., 1998, Hankammer School of Business
- Southwestern Adventist University, B.S., 1992, Business Management
- Texas, 1998
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
Houston, Texas 77056
713-403-8245 direct | 713-403-8299 fax
Danielle Maya is a trial lawyer with extensive experience in civil litigation in a wide variety of areas, including professional liability, premise liability, products liability, commercial litigation, casualty, serious bodily injury, construction law, trucking litigation, bad faith and railroad liability. She has first chair trial experience. Danielle also represents professionals in the design and construction industries in transactional matters.
Danielle's clients have included apartment complexes, national product manufacturers, corporations, small businesses, insurance companies, engineers, real estate brokers, insurance agents, and other professionals.
The majority of Danielle's work has been in jurisdictions throughout Texas, and she has defended clients in both state and federal multidistrict litigation.
In professional liability matters, she has defended real estate professionals in state court and before the Texas Real Estate Commission. She has also successfully defended insurance agents and Home Owners' Associations.
In premise liability matters, she has defended large national corporations in state court.
In construction, she has represented subcontractors and design professionals in complex multi-party high stakes cases involving serious bodily injury and wrongful death claims in litigation. Danielle has also drafted and negotiated contracts for general contractors, design professionals and subcontractors related to multi-million dollar contracts both nationally and internationally.
In products liability litigation, Danielle has represented large international and national clients in complex multi-party casualty and serious bodily injury cases.
In trucking litigation, Danielle has defended regional trucking companies and individual drivers.
In railroad liability, Danielle has defended national and regional railroad companies against Federal Employers’ Liability Act claims.
- Obtained defense verdict and attorneys' fees in professional liability case.
- Obtained favorable jury verdicts in two wrongful death cases and one serious bodily injury case.
- Managed the majority of the Texas litigation for a large international manufacturer in a significant product recall.
- Obtained dismissal of cases on summary judgments for transportation companies and products manufactures.
- Obtained dismissal of several cases for large international client on the grounds of forum non conveniens.
- Defended a Fortune 100 company in premise liability claims.
- Defended real estate agents and brokers against professional liability claims.
- Mediated Hurricane Ike property lawsuit.
- Protected confidential and proprietary corporate documents and information from invasive institutional discovery.
Professional and Community Activities
- Houston Bar Association Ambassador: Member of committees for Lawyer Professionalism, Fun Run; Past committees--Lawyers in Public Schools, Judicial Polls
- Texas Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- State Bar of Texas
- Habitat for Humanity
Speeches and Presentations
- Editor of A.M. Best, Texas Digest of Insurance Laws, 2008-2015.
- Author and speaker, "Texas Dram Shop Liability: In the Eye of the Hurricane?" Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update presented by Thompson Coe, April 2010.
- Author and speaker, "Navigating Black Diamonds: Expert Challenges," presented at Texas Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Winter 2010.
- Author and speaker, "Premise Liability: A Good Place to Be," Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update presented by Thompson Coe, September 2009.
- Author and speaker, “Everybody’s a Critic, How and When to Challenge an Expert,” Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update presented by Thompson Coe, September 2008.
- Co-authored “Defense of a Diesel Exhaust Exposure Case,” presented at Texas Association of Railroad Trial Counsel Meeting, April 2000.
- Author and speaker, “Texas Rules of Evidence Update,” Texas Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Spring 1999.