- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2008, with honors, Development Editor for The Review of Litigation
- Southern Methodist University, B.A., 2004, Philosophy and Political Science
- Texas, 2008
- United States District Court Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
Houston, Texas 77056
713-403-8211 direct | 713-403-8299 fax
Cy Haralson’s practice focuses primarily on insurance coverage and defense, including complex, multi-party insurance coverage and bad-faith litigation involving general liability, environmental pollution, construction defects, directors and officers coverage, errors and omissions coverage, and commercial property insurance. Cy previously served as Law Clerk for United States Magistrate Judge Mary Milloy in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- Obtained summary judgment on multi-million dollar failure to settle suit arising out of underlying construction defect litigation.
- Obtained summary judgment from Supreme Court of Louisiana for an insurance carrier in a direct action case involving directors and officers liability policies.
- Obtained mandamus relief in Texas Court of Appeals ordering severance of insurance claims from underlying liability suit.
- Guiding coverage and bad-faith matters through every phase of resolution from pre-litigation coverage analysis, to strategic discovery, pre-trial judgments, alternative dispute resolution, and trial strategy.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Federal Bar Association
Speeches and Presentations
- “What I Had to Learn (and What I Wish I'd Been Taught)”, 21st Annual Insurance Law Institute, November 10, 2016
- "Emerging Issues in Texas Coverage Litigation", Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update, May 4, 2016