- The Penn State Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 2004, Penn State Law Review
- The University of Texas at Arlington, B.A., 2001, Political Science, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia, 2015
- Texas, 2017
- Arizona, 2005, Inactive
- Virginia, 2015, Inactive
Houston, Texas 77056
713-403-8231 direct | 713-403-8299 fax
Courtney Parecki is a seasoned trial attorney with expertise in the defense of corporations and individuals in complex litigation matters. Courtney’s practice focuses primarily on product liability, premises liability, commercial automobile and industrial accident claims involving alleged property damage, personal injury, and wrongful death. Courtney also has experience with professional liability claims.
Courtney has represented clients in lawsuits alleging manufacturing and design defects in various consumer products, including sporting equipment, batteries and battery components, and automobiles and automobile components, including off-road and utility terrain vehicles.
Courtney has also represented various corporate and individual health care providers in lawsuits alleging medical malpractice causing catastrophic injuries and death. She has also represented and counseled individual health care providers in matters before the Board of Medicine.
- Crafted novel defense for statutory provider immunity in case alleging medical malpractice against a facility investigated by the Department of Health following an infectious disease outbreak.
- Served on litigation defense team representing helmet manufacturer in multi-district litigation involving claims of product defect leading to concussions in professional football players.
- Obtained defense verdict for utility terrain vehicle (“UTV”) manufacturer in product liability case involving death of 10 year old girl following three-week jury trial.
- Obtained defense verdict for long-term care provider in medical negligence and wrongful death case following three-day arbitration hearing.
- Obtained Summary Judgment on behalf of long-term care facility in wrongful death case.
- Obtained defense verdict for health care provider in medical malpractice and wrongful death case following two-week jury trial.
- Trial and arbitration experience in catastrophic personal injury and death cases.
Professional and Community Activities
- Federal Judicial Clerk, District of Arizona, 2004-2005
Speeches and Presentations
- Native Americans and Homeland Security: Failure of the Homeland Security Act to Recognize Tribal Sovereignty
108 Penn St. L. Rev. 375 (2003-2004).
*Note: published under maiden name, "Stouff"
- 2017 Super Lawyers Rising Star (Virginia, District of Columbia)