Cory Reed’s practice includes representing employers, managers, and other personnel in employment law matters arising under federal and state law, including matters involving gender discrimination, age discrimination, racial discrimination, disability discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour disputes, employment torts, and other legal issues arising in the work place.
- Obtained favorable arbitration ruling on behalf of a national wholesale cash and carry food service supplier based on age and race discrimination claims.
- Obtained favorable dismissal of a global executive search firm based on sex discrimination claims.
- Represented restaurant chain against claims for violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Defended national apartment community owner against a discrimintation claim.
- Defended fire protection services company against a discrimination claim.
- Defended national land and right of way services company against a discrimination claim.
- Defended national restaurant chain in a discrimination lawsuit.
- Represented various employers' in various litigation to enforce non-compete agreements.
Professional and Community Activities
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Speeches and Presentations
- "Going for the Shutout: Strategies for Minimizing Damages from the Tort Reform Playbook", Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update (2013).
- "Lights, Camera, Action: The Jury Trial", Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update (2014).
- "Oh no, you cannot sue me: A discussion on Why it is Good to be the King", Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update (2016).
- "Social Media in the Workplace: Employers Beware", Thompson Coe Webinar (2016).
- "Investigating the Catastrophic Claim: Preserving and Gathering Evidence that Matters", Catastrophic Claims Webinar (2016).
- "18.001 Affidavits: Maximizing the Evidence to Minimize Damages", Thompson Coe Webinar (2017).