- University of Oklahoma College of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of Oklahoma, B.A., 2008
- Texas, 2011
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Bankruptcy Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8272 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Cody Moorse is a senior attorney in the firm’s Professional Liability practice, where he represents officers, directors, real estate brokers, insurance agents, and other professional clients in litigation throughout Texas. Cody also defends lawyers in legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty suits and in grievance proceedings. This representation includes pre-suit consultations regarding contract disputes, litigation and Texas Real Estate Commission complaints against real estate professionals.
- Obtained an order granting his motion to dismiss all claims against a client in the United States Federal Court - Western District of Texas. The motion successfully argued that the joinder of his client was improper based on a the expiration of the statute of limitations of Plaintiff’s claims against his client.
- Obtained summary judgment for a client in a lawsuit against a real estate professional where allegations of Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act violations were made.
- Obtained a dismissal of all claims filed in Federal Court against a prominent local law firm
- Obtained judgment at the trial level and successfully argued at the appellate level for a client accused of several TDCPA violations.
- Helped obtain a jury verdict for an escrow agent accused of breaching their fiduciary duty.
- Successfully defended a general contractor in a suit for breach of contract and slander of title.
- Successfully represented numerous home inspectors and real estate agents in complaints filed with the Texas Real Estate Comission
- Successfully represented an interior design company in a breach of contract lawsuit.
Professional and Community Activities
- AT&T Cotton Bowl Council
- Elizabeth Toon Charities - Host Committee
- OU Alumni Club of Dallas
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Lambda Chi Alpha- Alumni