- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, J.D., 2010, cum laude, Taxation Certificate, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program, Print Editor, Loyola Law and Technology Annual
- Wayne State University, B.A., 2007, Finance
- Louisiana, 2010
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit, 2010
- United States District Court Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana, 2010
650 Poydras Street
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
504-526-4321 direct | 504-526-4310 fax
Chris is a senior attorney in the New Orleans office of Thompson Coe. He joined the firm in 2016 and practices primarily in the Insurance Litigation and Coverage Practice Group. Chris has extensive experience in the areas of insurance litigation, coverage disputes, premises liability, products liability, wrongful death, professional liability, securities litigation and corporate governance. Chris has defended various individuals, companies, and insurance carriers in catastrophic personal injury claims, wrongful death and survival claims, elevator accidents, and explosion accidents. Chris also regularly advises individuals and business on issues relating to data privacy, cybersecurity, cyberliability insurance, and data protection best practices. Chris is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US).
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of a transportation company in a commercial automobile accident lawsuit
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of medical device manufacturer in medical device lawsuit
- Defeated summary judgment on behalf of offshore oilfield services company in collections case resulting in a favorable resolution
- Advised FINRA broker-dealer on data and privacy policies and cybersecurity best practices under SEC and FINRA cybersecurity guidelines
- Advised non-profit organization on privacy and data protection safeguards under various state and federal laws, including HIPAA and Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
- Advised social media company on privacy and data protection rules and regulations
- Represents business, property owners, and developers in wrongful death, survival and personal injury claims
- Represents owners and managers of live music venues, apartment complexes, and national fast food chain franchises in general premises liability and negligent security litigation
- Represents excess insurance carriers in catastrophic personal injury claims
- Represents insurance agents, brokers, and retailers in professional liability and flood claims
Professional and Community Activities
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Loyola New Orleans College of Law Alumni Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Loyola Institute of Politics
- Board Member, The NET Charter High School
- Board Member, Nola City Bark
- Board Member, Law Young Alumni Board, Loyola Univ. New Orleans School of Law
- The Mariner’s Club of New Orleans
- Volunteer, Louisiana Center for Children’s Rights
- Volunteer, A Child’s Wish
- Volunteer, St. Catherine of Sienna Parish
Speeches and Presentations
- Cyber Risk Management, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, December 2015.
- Privacy and Data Protection Strategies for Non-Profit Organizations, Private Board Meeting, Metairie, Louisiana, January 2018.
- Cybersecurity: Ethics and Cyber Liability Trends, National Webinar, February 2018.
- Negotiating Tactics and Psychological Strategies to Gain the Edge, National Business Institute, New Orleans, Louisiana, October 2017.
- Effective Document Control and Organization, National Business Institute, New Orleans, Louisiana, November 6, 2018.
- Cyber Litigation Update, National Webinar, November 13, 2018.
- Behind the Scenes of the Insurance Company - What You Don't Know, National Business Institute, New Orleans, Louisiana, December 6-7, 2018.
Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/ US), International Association of Privacy Professional, 2014